News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hello from Seattle WA

Started by twenex, March 12, 2018, 02:30:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twenex

Hello there, I've worked in Telecom since 1989 and grew up in a "Bell home" with parents and relatives that worked for (and retired from!) Western Electric and Bell Telephone.  I stick to Western Electric dial phones and operate office EDison-3 on C*NET.  I have a 1A2 key system with a couple of stations and I hope to have a baby SXS someday.  Thanks to Dennis M. for having me here.

NNNN
Stephen, W0TTY

Babybearjs

Welcome Stephen, I'm John... Here in Boise... welcome to the forum!
John

dsk

Welcome to the forum!
You may get some warnings about how addictive this hobby may be, by my judgement, you already may have got this by genes, and might be hopeless to help out of this hobby  ;)

We are from all over the world, some of us are on C*NET some are even pretty negative to that.
C*NET: 1-999-3011 this one redirects to my Callcentric service (1777-292-2141 or 1-646-570-1796), where you again my chose to go trough my drum selector exchange (SXS) by choosing 2 get a new purring dial tone, and choose the extension wanted. My desk is no 6.

Best regards from Norway
Dag S Karlsen
(dsk)

HarrySmith

Welcome Stephen. You have found the best forum on the net! No better people than here, especially when it come to old phones. I usually warn new members about Phoneitis but in your case it looks like you were born with it so my warning is not needed. Lots of chances here to feed the addiction!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Stephen....Welcome to the Forum, it is the place to be if you like old telephones. Post pictures of your collection and your Key System.....Doug
Kidphone

Fabius

Welcome. Like you I hope to have a SXS demo switch some day.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

oldguy

Welcome Stephen, you will enjoy the fun & learning here.
Gary