News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

PhotoBucket Ransome Move hits "W.E. 102, 202 and subset easy wiring diagrams" Topic

Started by TelePlay, July 13, 2017, 10:00:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

Quote from: Alex G. Bell on July 15, 2017, 04:37:10 PM
Well that's too bad but not surprising.  Some things (actual content) require the judgement of a moderator and cannot be rules-based.  Other things, such as location of files, are inherently tedious, time consuming and better done in real time by enforcing rules rather than afterwards as "a mopping up operation".

Thanks but doing just fine here . . . . . .      .  .     .         . .       .        .         .            .

AE_Collector

All forums are different in how they are moderated. Many of them if not most have lots of hit and run members and the topics are just posted looking for help with what ever and then the member disappears. This forum being more of a hobby related topic is somewhat different. The moderators have for years now wanted this forum to be somewhat of a resource of telephone collecting related information and it is one, a good one.

Rather than just letting "whatever" go on here we have spent extra time editing posts, improving titles, adding pictures, merging similar topics, rearranging and (hopefully) improving the boards that the topics are on all in order to make this a bit permanent resource. No one can dispute that there is excellent material in many of the posts here much of which can't be duplicated.

Certainly it will never be perfect here but with cooperation from members and some occasional reminders primarily for newer members, much of the info will be posted in a permant way. Then with the help of moderators it will be improved on some more making this a good reference for many phone enthusiasts going forward.

Terry

HarrySmith

I agree, this is the best forum on the net. Plenty of people here willing and capapable of helping. I too have learned to use the search function before posting a question, many times the answer I need is already here. I find the search to be fairly easy to use, sometimes it takes a while to whittle down all the hits but adding more keywords really narrows it down.

To All Moderators:
You guys do a terrrific job! My hats off to you! This forum would not be what it is without all your hard (mostly unrcognized) work.
Many Thanks To You All!!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

TelePlay

Quote from: HarrySmith on July 18, 2017, 02:45:53 PM
I agree, this is the best forum on the net. Plenty of people here willing and capapable of helping. I too have learned to use the search function before posting a question, many times the answer I need is already here. I find the search to be fairly easy to use, sometimes it takes a while to whittle down all the hits but adding more keywords really narrows it down.

To All Moderators:
You guys do a terrrific job! My hats off to you! This forum would not be what it is without all your hard (mostly unrcognized) work.
Many Thanks To You All!!

Thanks, Harry, from all of us. We all try out best anyway we can.

Ran across this Photobucket filled reply

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=59.msg578#msg578

and Ben hasn't been active in over 3 years.

Doug Rose

Quote from: HarrySmith on July 18, 2017, 02:45:53 PM

To All Moderators:
Many Thanks To You All!!
I second that emotion.... you guys do a wonderful job. ...we all appreciate the time you put in to make this a great Forum!.. ...Doug
Kidphone

AE_Collector

Thanks guys. I used to be a lot more active in years past but ever since I retired we are travelling a lot more as well as using our cabin a lot in the summer and that makes internet access a bit of a challenge. John is hands down doing the bulk of the work lately but we all do what we can when we can. Also, I don't know how many have noticed that we made Dan/Panther a Global Moderator recently so he can help out a bit as well.

Terry