News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Single slot instruction cards

Started by mentalstampede, March 21, 2017, 05:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalstampede

Does anyone have a source for or an archive of printable original instruction cards for single slot payphones? I'm looking for a set of Southwestern Bell cards to go with my 1D2, and so far all I've been able to get my hands on are a set of generic COCOT cards. They fill the blank spot, but they're obviously at odds with the Bell branding all over the rest of the phone.
My name is Kenn, and I like telephones.

"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." --Robert Heinlein

Ktownphoneco

There are some Southwestern Bell cards located here at this web site.    They will print if you save them to a folder first, then print them.   But I don't know if they'll print at the correct size as I don't have a 1D2 coin collector to compare the results with.

Link :     http://payphone411.com/instructioncards.html

Jeff Lamb

mentalstampede

Thanks! I'll have to see if I can get them to turn out.

"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." --Robert Heinlein

mentalstampede

Success! I'm getting pretty good at making fake instruction cards based on originals.

Payphone411

If you need a better scan of the instructions cards on my site just let me know.
I would be more then happy to re-scan any card I still have available.

Pourme

Quote from: Payphone411 on December 15, 2017, 06:35:26 AM
If you need a better scan of the instructions cards on my site just let me know.
I would be more then happy to re-scan any card I still have available.

Nice web site!

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

AE_Collector

Where is the "Go To" site for 3 slot cards?

Terry

compubit

Here's a Mock I did from a classic card I saw on-line.  I'm not sure about the dimensions - I took the picture (which was angled), extruded it into the best rectangle that I could, and then overlaid the text on it, hid the original picture, and exported as a JPEG.

I'll play with printing it  - the image is 600 dpi, so perfect for any high quality printer.  (The online display is a bit fuzzy - at least on my computer - but the original file looks crisp.)

My only downside is that this machine doesn't have the bold version of the font (Swiss 721 - aka Helvetica), so Photoshop Elements makes it faux bold...  I'll have to find the correct fonts for the final product, but this is a start...  (for example, the 0 in 10 needs to be a little fuller, and I need to adjust the vertical rule in the ยข sign (it's a C with a vertical rule), also the Red Text needs to be bolder...

Thoughts/comments for a first crack?

Jim
(Edited to add the original card)
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

compubit

Anyone have scans (or point to images online) of pre-breakup lower cards?  The ones on the site above are all 90s and later...

Thanks!

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

Haf

here you are, if better high resolution scans needed or other cards, please let me know.

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

Haf

Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

compubit

Perfect! I'll recreate a couple of them and will share with the group.

Jim

AL_as_needed

My excuses for not getting a payphone are getting fewer and fewer....  :D
TWinbrook7