Moving Sale

Started by poplar1, May 09, 2013, 01:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicMo

Quote from: poplar1 on June 05, 2013, 05:36:45 PM
Quote from: MagicMo on June 05, 2013, 04:29:30 PM
That looks like a whole lotta fun!!! :D
Mo

Mo, I'm sure you know how much "fun" it is!

I do! I gotta whole lotta fun in my basement right now. Time to go join the party! Mo
Practice Kindness :)

jfrutschy

Wow is right....what collection!   Would you happen to have an ae21 transmitter and hopscotch?

John

poplar1

Haven't seen any AE parts that old; I was sorting AE and Contempras all day today.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

telcosteve

Quote from: poplar1 on June 05, 2013, 01:19:46 PM
More pictures:
Oh man that looks like a blast.  I love having a group of goodies to rob screws and that sort of thing,  Nice collection!

poplar1

It seems Sonny will once again have to move. The Candler Warehouse, built in 1922 on 40 acres in Atlanta's West End, has just been sold.

AE_Collector

Oh wow...you guys are probably getting to be too old for all the moving! Has he managed to sell off a fair bit of the stuff since the move in 2013 or is there more than ever?

Terry

Sargeguy

Does he still have the Gray Coin Collector?  If so how much?
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

poplar1

Greg, he sold the Gray a while back on Ebay. I think it brought about $130: no key.

Terry, he had some good pickers bringing in stuff to the Nashville show. But it got to the point that the show expenses were more than the gross sales. So, he hasn't been buying any more stuff, just selling what was already there. Yes, at 87 he should be retiring but at 65 I'm still acquiring.

He was selling about $500/ month on ebay after shipping and fees, but now it's probably closer to $200/month, and rent on 2400 sq. Ft. Is $850/month.

poplar1

Sonny still has most of this. He would like to sell parts -- quantities or single items. Right now, you can also check on ebay for some items listed:

sonnysvintagetelephones

https://www.ebay.com/sch/sonnysvintagetelephones/m.html?item=264099209096&hash=item3d7d8a1f88%3Ag%3ATxQAAOSwIGxb7cJ%7E%3Ark%3A1%3Apf%3A0&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

and

poplar1

https://www.ebay.com/sch/poplar1/m.html?item=143067521245&hash=item214f7d20dd%3Ag%3AilkAAOSw5i5cJClL%3Ark%3A1%3Apf%3A0&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Note, since Ebay and Paypal charge 13% on both sale and shipping, we are offering 20% off of ebay Buy-it-now prices to forum members for purchases made here.

robert_m

I seen a couple 5button rotary in the pictures green, can you provide price for the pair? and better photo of them?

poplar1

Is green the only color you are interested in?

The ones pictured are *not* the usual 564s (Hold + 5 line) nor the 576s (3 lines + 3 hold buttons)! Note that there are 3 clear keys, 2 amber, and 1 red.  In fact, these keysets work *only* on the Northern Telecom SK-1 Key System. (This is a "KSU-less" system that requires only a power supply for lamps, hold, and intercom talk path.)

Sonny did have one green ITT 564 6-button set. It was purchased by a forum member (John S.)

I believe he still has some black ITT 6-button sets; these are the older ones with round buttons (pre-1965). I may have a green one but it is buried in my shed.  (I once purchased 900 surplus phones + a WE 756A crossbar PBX from the State of Georgia for $218. Most of the phones were 6-button rotary 564s.)