News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ericsson Metal Wall Phone

Started by wds, January 12, 2014, 02:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

Picked this up from Ebay.  Nice Ericsson metal wall phone.  Everything seems original and date back to 1907-1910.  The black paint shows some wear, but overall looks pretty good.  I can't seem to find much information about these metal phones.  Can anyone help?  This one is stamped Ericsson Mfg Co Buffalo NY on the front.  Pat. dates on the front is Aug 25 1908, July 27 1909.  The label on the inside is dated 5-29-1910.  Where would these have been used?  Interesting Transmitter with the removable element with a Patent date 1907.  There is copper plating under the black paint.  What would be the correct receiver for this phone?
Dave

LarryInMichigan

Very nice!  I happened to notice this listing:http://santabarbara.craigslist.org/atq/4253139453.html  ( dead link 03-07-21 )
for what appears to be the same model.

Larry

wds

That listing makes me feel good about my purchase price.  I like the "E" on the receiver arm - wish mine had that.
Dave

rdelius

Ordnary looking composition receiver with Ericsson Mfg co and possible Buffalo around there the cord goes in. I think there was a Federal version of this telephone also.