Early cordless !

Started by electric al, June 04, 2015, 09:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

electric al

Does anyone collect these ?

Date is 1983  9 .
Never met a phone I didn't like !

andre_janew

I don't, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear that some do.
Collectors often collect a variety of things.  I think that the best ones are the name brand ones like General Electric and Panisonic.  People I talk to say the name brand cordless phones work the best and last the longest.  The cordless phones from the 1980s were $80 or more new and were big and bulky and even had long antenna for both the base and the handset.  The prices have come down since then and the newer ones are more compact and even have more features.

I say that if you want to be the first one on the forum to start collecting cordless phones, then go for it! 

WEBellSystemChristian

I think the first cordless phones came out in the '70s or so. Those phones started the whole "now where did I put that thing?" trend! ;D
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

andre_janew

Because of that, some of the better ones had a button on the base you could press that would cause the handset to, as my dad would call it, chirp so that it could be found.  Some even went so far as to put such a button on the handset so that the base could be found in a similar manner!

twocvbloke

All the cordless phones I have used and had over the years have always had a "Page" button to find a misplaced handset, some even having an intercom between base and phone (not that it was a feature I ever used!!), one of which was a SouthWestern Bell branded set back in the 1990s that lasted until about 2003 when it gave up connecting to the base... ???