News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1st phone of 2010

Started by stub, January 02, 2010, 05:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stub

E-bay find .  Not a rotary , I'll get it Monday, but it's still a phone. This the 1st of many more , I hope.   Automatic  Electric # 19 . This is a local battery phone with induction coil in the base.  It's a little rough but fixable .    stub1953
Kenneth Stubblefield

bingster

Doesn't look all that rough from my end.  It looks like a beaut!
= DARRIN =

Dennis Markham

Nice looking phone Stub.  I'll look forward to more photos and info after the phone arrives.

Dan/Panther

Stub;
Nice find.
BTW, please sends me all of your phones you consider basket cases.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

stub

bingster, I meant just a tiny bit !
D/P, If it ain't broke I can't fix it .  It's a long way from basket case.  I got a new sand blasting cabinet for christmas so if all else fails I'll blast it till it comes clean. 
         Thanks , I'll send pics when I get it opened up.   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

stub

Hi,
   As promised I got the AE- 19    Manual ( Local Battery) phone in today and your right , it don't look too bad at all!!!!
    This phone is set up with an induction coil (D-281569a) in base to be used with any of the ringer boxes containing a 3 or 5 bar magneto and no induction coil or disconnected.
    AE -7 is identical but set up for central battery with room for induction coil (D-281901a ) and condenser.
    These are American Electric phones after the buy out by Automatic Electric.
     This phone will look better after I get the one coat of cheap paint and runs off the cradle.     stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Doug Rose

Stub 1953....nice phone! The base of this is brass and the cradle is metal.  The bands on the headset are also brass as well. I have one with the paint removed and the brass shined. This is one sharp phone...congrats.....Kidphone
Kidphone

stub

Kidphone,   
                 Thanks . I also got a AE 85a  2 line in today that looks good and works great.   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

AET

Stub's on fire already this year!
- Tom

stub

AtomicEraTom,
                      I need to get while gettings good, or as Jerry said to the Judge - When your hot ,your hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Well, maybe just lucky !!  
                      Hey Tom I may see you at the flea market this year so you better be getting them phones or I might get there before you, ha  .  OH I almost forgot , that AE 85a was only $10.      stub

Kenneth Stubblefield

AET

Well, I'm happy for you Stub!  And I am a Jerry Reed fan and often sing that song with my friend Mullett Jim on Kareoke.  "Who's gonna collect my welfare, pay for my Cadillac" (my favorite line)

Are you seriously planning on  being in my neck of the woods?  If you are, we may have to meet up somewheres.  You can teach me your tricks of getting these good finds!

Quote from: stub1953 on January 04, 2010, 02:36:34 PM
AtomicEraTom,
                      I need to get while gettings good, or as Jerry said to the Judge - When your hot ,your hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Well, maybe just lucky !!  
                      Hey Tom I may see you at the flea market this year so you better be getting them phones or I might get there before you, ha  .  OH I almost forgot , that AE 85a was only $10.      stub

- Tom

stub

Tom ,
         I thought I read in one of the other threads you talking about going to Columbus and I thought  Ohio not Wisconsin.  I would like to make it to Columbus or Springfield, Oh. for one of the Extravaganzas. No tricks to find phones just dumb luck!!!!!   #30 days Jerry, Thanks a lot, when your hot your hot!!!!!!!!!! stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

AET

Oh, you won't see me there haha.  Oh well. 
- Tom

Doug Rose

Here's a Picture of my Brass AE Desk set. All the paint has been stripped. The brass polished to a great shine. The metal cradle polished to a chrome like finish. These are great phones. You have a wonderful find.....Doug
Kidphone

stub

Doug,
         Nice phone!!!!!!!!!!!!  I have a #5 base and another #19 base and a new buffer. I might try and polish one or both and see what they look like.
        You wouldn't happen to have any extra AE #38 handsets collecting dust you might sell ???????    Thanks    stub
Kenneth Stubblefield