News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ripped Out of Service TODAY

Started by Doug Rose, August 10, 2019, 01:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Janet went to a yard sale and asked if they had any old phone. YUP!! In the basement. Ripped it off the wall. It was filthy...cleaned up great . 11 59 with matching wall plaque. Open face fingerwheel and a Framingham sticker.

Almost 60 years old...Doug
Kidphone

Key2871

KEN

Doug Rose

We always ask, you never know what will happen.  Found a perfect B1, but mostly they come back with a cell phone  8)
Kidphone

Doug Rose

I was cleaning up my workbench this morning, tossing left over parts and trash into the waste bucket and I came across what was inside the dial on this phone. Piece of white paper kind of stuck on something. Stuck over this dial card!!

I almost tossed it. Matches the stick-on label for when there were no more letters in the dialing. I know it's not a big deal....but it is for me. I live in Framingham and have never found a real dial card in all my years of yards sales in the area.. It is in almost new condition.

What a find...for me...Doug
Kidphone

AT2796

The dial card may be the coolest part of the find!
What a score.
Andy

loblolly986

That's cool, Doug. It's always nice to get the original number card with a phone. Sure, one can install a reproduction card or orphaned old card to simulate how it would've looked back in the day, but that's just not the same as having the actual card that was used with the phone and is part of its history.

How much did you pay for this phone?

Zachary.

RotarDad

Awesome Doug on that dial card.  I'm with you that the dial card is sometimes the most important part of the phone.  The phone isn't bad either....  with the late '59 date, it will probably be ABS, but the backplate is a very cool item to have with it.
Paul

Doug Rose

Thanks Paul....I agree the original dial cards just make the phone so much better.  It is so hard to get them in displayable condition. One tiny spill usually ruins them...Doug
Kidphone

RotarDad

Or a seller squirts a bunch of WD-40 on the dial from the front for a quick resale, and ruins the card.....  :(

That one is a beauty, Doug....
Paul

Doug Rose

Agreed! ..thanks Paul....the little things that make us happy. A one inch piece of paper  :o....Doug
Kidphone

tubaman

Top find and in great condition too.
I really like to have original cards - for me even a slightly grubby original is better than a modern reprint.
:)

Doug Rose

Quote from: tubaman on August 12, 2019, 09:55:46 AM
Top find and in great condition too.
I really like to have original cards - for me even a slightly grubby original is better than a modern reprint.
:)
I agree TM....the dial cards are as important as the phone....Doug
Kidphone

Dave203

I love the feeling of a nice find and removing it myself just doubles the bonus. And that number card really seals the deal. Happy to see it in nice condition  :D

Doug Rose

Thanks Dave....Janet got the feeling of removing it and she was very happy to bring it home...Doug
Kidphone

telcosteve

Hey Doug.

Just out of curiosity.  Where was the Trinity Exchange located?

Steve