News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 270: WE 1941/59 Pink 5302 with Original Cords - Ended 04-02-17

Started by TelePlay, March 26, 2017, 10:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

Another one of those auctions that are fun to watch as they end! I hope the seller was sitting down for the last 5 seconds.

And the winner of Auction Contest #270 is 19and41 who with the 11th entry into the contest offered the winning guess of $575.00 giving him his 6th auction contest win. So a big congratulations goes out to 19and41 for another win in the CRPF Auction Contests and for moving up one rung in the Contest Standings.

The phone was won by h***m ( 1502 ) who with his first and only bid of the auction, a snipe placed 5 seconds before the auction ended bid enough to beat out another snipe placed 4 seconds before end time to take the phone home for $565.55. There were two other snipes placed 5 seconds before end time quite a bit lower than the winning bid. The phone started at $49.99 and slowly worked its way up to $143 over the first 4 days where it stayed until the hour or so when it rose into the low $200s. It wasn't until those last 5 seconds that the phone jumped from $212 to $565, quite a thrill for the seller, I'd assume. The auction saw 10 buyers placing 39 bids.

Check out the updated Contest Standings to see who's who through 270 contests and the latest additions to the CRPF Hall of Fame

Thanks again to all who played. As always, there is only one way to get on the winner's board or move up a rung - you have to play to win.

LoveOldPhones

John..... don't you think that some of these sellers with rare phones know what they have ?  I think the seller of this pink phone phone was expecting it to sell for good money....

Look what else he has for sale .....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Oxford-Gray-2-Tone-Western-Electric-500-Rotary-Dial-phone-/162454793528

?hash=item25d30f6d38:g:t8gAAOSwmgJY4V8d

TelePlay

Quote from: LoveOldPhones on April 02, 2017, 11:58:41 PM
John..... don't you think that some of these sellers with rare phones know what they have ?  I think the seller of this pink phone phone was expecting it to sell for good money....

Look what else he has for sale .....

Yes, some sellers know what they have, as this one does.

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"