News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Color 5302s

Started by Dennis Markham, June 11, 2009, 12:09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

Jorge, it's funny that you should mention the plastic feet.  I had sent Dan a message earlier today telling him that I have four NOS footpads (Neoprene) for the 5302 that I'd be willing to give to him to improve the set.  His appear to be fastened on with screws.  So they can be removed, cleaned of the rust and new pads put in place.  Unless he wants to keep them original.  But leather pads would look nice as well.

Dan

Thanks guys, Dennis I PM'd you and would love to have your feet. (don't take that too personal ;))
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dan

Quote from: JorgeAmely on January 27, 2011, 11:37:54 AM
Dan:

Excellent acquisition. Looking at the footpads used during the last refurb, I noticed they are made of plastic and that they are starting to show some rust on the corners, just like early 60s phones that were retrofitted with these pads from the factory. If you had the time, I would "refurb it at home" one more time and replace those with leather pads, like those recovered by Dennis (the other Dennis). Since this phone is very rare, it would be worth it. My 2 cents.

PS: I tried your magic ultrasonic dust this past weekend, on a dial for Crag T, and I was surprised. That stuff works very well, even though I used tap water. It even brought back the original color to the copper parts. Thanks!

I forgot about the dust.  Glad to help. When did you get the ultrasonic cleaner?I thought the one you got from ebay turned out to to be broken.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

JorgeAmely

Dan:

After the ebay unit flopped, I bought one from Amazon. Not as powerful, but does a decent job.
Jorge

Doug Rose

Quote from: Dan on January 27, 2011, 09:52:24 PM
Thanks guys, Dennis I PM'd you and would love to have your feet. (don't take that too personal ;))
Holy Rex Ryan Batman!!!!!
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Recently a member on one of the Lists was asking to trade a Pink 5302 for a Blue 302. I thought it was a very one sided deal, but it has me thinking about color 5302s. I don't know much about them. I know they were only made a short time and Dan recently found a beautiful pink one. Question is, what colors besides pink did 5302s come in? I have seen an Ivory, anyone have a color 5302 in their collection? Lets see some pictures....thanks....Doug

"I have a Pink 5302, without chips or cracks, that I would like to work a trade for a Blue 302 in similar condition.  If you are interested and would like to work a trade, contact me direct."
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Yeah, I saw that too. Did not make much sense to me unless someone has multiple Blue 302's and he would add cash.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dan

Are you saying the blue 302 is more valuable or the pink 5302 is more valuable? I think the blue is more common, at least from what I see on ebay.

Here's the colours of 5302's copied and pasted from paul's excellent site. A clear one would be a sight to see!

pink, aqua, biege, white,
red, green, clear

(With G3 handsets)

Doug Rose

Dan....Yes....I was saying I thought the Blue 302 is more desirable, not a slam against your Pink 5302. That's why I was asking, so in your opinion the Pink 5302 is the more desirable set of the two? I really have zero experience or knowledge with the color 5302s....thanks
Kidphone

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Dan on February 13, 2011, 08:20:47 AM
Are you saying the blue 302 is more valuable or the pink 5302 is more valuable? I think the blue is more common, at least from what I see on ebay.

Here's the colours of 5302's copied and pasted from paul's excellent site. A clear one would be a sight to see!

pink, aqua, biege, white,
red, green, clear

(With G3 handsets)

There is 1 clearwith g handset and another clear housing (that I know of).

I have a white one.  I think a pink 5302 is scarcer than a blue 302 .JMO,Jim

Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Sargeguy

I think the pink 5302 is less common.  That does not always translate into more valuable however.  Some phones are so rare that no one really knows anything about them=not a lot of people looking for them.  A lot of collectors want all the colors of a 302, creating a higher demand.  5302s are the bastard child of the 500 and 300 series anyway so may not command as much as a premium, even the colored ones-yet.  If someone did an article on colored 5302s it would generate more interest.  I think the $50 Pink 5302 will get more and more valuable/collectible as time goes on. At least $75-100 ;)
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Dan

Quote from: Kidphone on February 13, 2011, 09:32:29 AM
Dan....Yes....I was saying I thought the Blue 302 is more desirable, not a slam against your Pink 5302. That's why I was asking, so in your opinion the Pink 5302 is the more desirable set of the two? I really have zero experience or knowledge with the color 5302s....thanks

I'd rather have a blue 302, simply because I like blue phones better :)

Sargeguy

Remember pink phones bring out the crazies.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

david@london

this white 5302 sold for $355 last night.........http://tinyurl.com/mlvr5es
shell is marked 9 22 59, elements are 9 59, ringer 5 49.

Doug Rose

It also had a crack in the front right (left?) corner. It went much higher than I expected ...Doug
Kidphone