News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Clear Telephones (by Jim S. and others)

Started by Jim Stettler, December 29, 2009, 12:06:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Stettler

Here are a couple of group pictures of some of my clear telephones.
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

HobieSport

Wow, Jim, what an incredibly amazing part of your collection! Do you have a website about your telephone collection that we can look at? Wonderful. Thanks for posting pictures. We all love pictures. 8)
-Matt

stub

Jim ,  I could see very clear till I got to the 2nd pic and then you knocked my socks off with that !!!!!!!!SPECTACULAR !!!!!!!!!!!  Strowger Potbelly deskset WOW!!!! Wait a minute and let me get my breath and put my tongue back in my mouth!!!!!    I know this is about clear phones!!! Sorry everybody, I can't help it , that phone has been on my wish list for a long time!!!! Other people have gold fever,  I have   PHONE FEVER for this one!!!
      Fantastic collection of telephones!!!    Jim please let us see the rest of your collection . I'll try to get past the Strowger desk set .   BTW is it a 1906  11 hole?
       Very nice shelves also.       stub

Kenneth Stubblefield

AET

Nice shelves, nice clear phones, nice phones in general!!!  I am GREEN with envy!!!!!  And I LOVE that Stowger Candlestick!!  Wow! All I have left to say is Wow!
- Tom

HobieSport

Jim, I think most of us may be in various stages of speechless awe of your collection, and would love to see pictures of your full collection sometime. 8)
-Matt

dsk

I'm really impressed.

Do you have a Norwegian one? (actually I have never seen one, but it has been made 300 of the 1953 modell. That is all!

dsk

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Jim Stettler

Quote from: HobieSport on December 29, 2009, 12:25:56 AM
Wow, Jim, what an incredibly amazing part of your collection! Do you have a website about your telephone collection that we can look at? Wonderful. Thanks for posting pictures. We all love pictures. 8)
Thanks Matt,
A web site is on the to-do list (it has been for years). I will post more pictures as time goes by.
Jim S.
You live, You learn,

Jim Stettler

Quote from: stub1953 on December 29, 2009, 01:37:28 AM
Jim ,  I could see very clear till I got to the 2nd pic and then you knocked my socks off with that Strowger Potbelly
       let us see the rest of your collection . I'll try to get past the Strowger desk set .   BTW is it a 1906  11 hole?
       Very nice shelves also.       stub

Hey Stub,
It didn't occuor to me that the strowger was in the photo. It is auctually my second strowger stick. The first was probably the worst worn complete strowger known, I got it as part of a collection years ago. I had to sell it to pay for the collection. It is in a telephone pioneers muesuem somewhere in Texas.

The one you are drooling over, I found locally at an antique mall, they called me because I always stopped by and left cards regarding buying telephones.  I paid $650 back when strowgers only brouht $1800.
It is the #2 1/2. It is a cross between the 2nd and 3rd modee (small transmitter). There were a lot of them made with the small transmitter, It is 11 hole. I have been told by knowledgable collectors, that it is one of the best examples known.

Thank-you for your comments,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,

Jim Stettler

Quote from: AtomicEraTom on December 29, 2009, 03:30:22 AM
Nice shelves, nice clear phones, nice phones in general!!!  I am GREEN with envy!!!!!  And I LOVE that Stowger Candlestick!!  Wow! All I have left to say is Wow!

Thanks Tom,
The shelves were free from a friend. I am envious of a lot of the soft sets I see posted. I have never found a straight grey cord set,. When I was your age I only had about 12 phones. None of them were "cool"
Jim S.
You live, You learn,

Jim Stettler

Quote from: HobieSport on December 29, 2009, 11:02:09 AM
Jim, I think most of us may be in various stages of speechless awe of your collection, and would love to see pictures of your full collection sometime. 8)

Matt, 1 day I would like to see my whole collection as well., Due to space considerations, it rotates.
Jim S
BTW
Check out Doug's collection, That is what happens when the infection really sets in.
You live, You learn,

Jim Stettler

Quote from: d_s_k on December 29, 2009, 12:12:06 PM
I'm really impressed.

Do you have a Norwegian one? (actually I have never seen one, but it has been made 300 of the 1953 modell. That is all!

dsk
dsk,
I was offered 1 years ago, I could not afford it (ISTR around $3,000). I should have a photo somewhere (deep) in my files. I have never paid more than $650 for a phone, and typically $350 is about my cash  limit. anything more expensive needs to be part of a trade.

Jim S.
You live, You learn,

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Dan/Panther on December 29, 2009, 01:55:13 PM
One word...Impressive...
D/P
Thans Dan,
It is amazing how a collection can grow when you aren't looking.
Jim S.
You live, You learn,

AET

Free is good!  I feel ya.  I got my first really cool phones all this month, one from Greg, one from Dennis, and one from my parents.  Otherwise it was just some not-too-intresting 500's and a starlite, and a 554, and some other run of the mill stuff.

Quote from: Jim S. on December 29, 2009, 08:46:36 PM
Quote from: AtomicEraTom on December 29, 2009, 03:30:22 AM

Thanks Tom,
The shelves were free from a friend. I am envious of a lot of the soft sets I see posted. I have never found a straight grey cord set,. When I was your age I only had about 12 phones. None of them were "cool"
Jim S.

- Tom

Jim Stettler

Tom for your age and your era and to your friends , all your phones are cool.The stuff you you got free this month is cool to those of us that have been at it for a while. If you make it to a phone show that  I attend, I will give you some cool stuff for attending   I will also give you some cool junk.
If you advise me you are attending, I will even make it a point to bring some extra boxes of cool phone junk just for you.  In fact If you you e-mail me your address ( from this posting) I will send you a flat rate care package of cool phone junk, including a butt set, some spare  parts and trinkets that I have kicking around. I have always believed in promoting the hobby. You young-uns are the future of the hobby.
Jim

The next show I plan on attending is May !, 2010 and is sponsored in part by TCI
You live, You learn,