Main Menu

Two-Tone Colored WECo 500 Telephones

Started by Jester, February 28, 2010, 11:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spanish_phones

I wanted to see the effect of a two-tone 500 at home, and this is the result:

The first, really awesome!
The second, really awful!

As I have achieved, almost everone could have a two-tone 500, you only need to buy a black dial 500 and a color case, it's really cool for me!

G-Man

The number card with the 702 area code and Centel logo on the second telephone shows that it was used in an area near Las Vegas.

I have several instruments with Centel number cards that were used at the Atomic Energy Commission's atomic test site in southeastern Nye County, Nevada, about 65 miles from Las Vegas.

Spanish_phones

Quote from: G-Man on November 29, 2013, 05:48:13 AM
The number card with the 702 area code and Centel logo on the second telephone shows that it was used in an area near Las Vegas.

I have several instruments with Centel number cards that were used at the Atomic Energy Commission's atomic test site in southeastern Nye County, Nevada, about 65 miles from Las Vegas.

Thank you for the info! I have no idea about area codes in USA, I only noticed Centel cards were only a few, it's not usual to see Centel dial cards.

Contempra

Nice 2 tones for those who like that ;)...

TelePlay

G-Man, do you know anything about why it's only a three digit phone number (121)?

Spanish_phones

Quote from: Contempra on November 29, 2013, 08:49:37 AM
Nice 2 tones for those who like that ;)...

Mines aren't two tone 500s, they're only black one and red the other, and I changed the cases just for the effect and making the photo ;)

poplar1

Quote from: TelePlay on November 29, 2013, 09:38:03 AM

G-Man, do you know anything about why it's only a three digit phone number (121)?

Most likely it was used on a PBX--in a hotel or a business-- and 121 was its assigned number. You could dial a 3-digit number to reach another extension, 9 for an outside line, or 0 to reach the receptionist/switchboard attendant.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

WEBellSystemChristian

Ya know what? I kinda like the two-tones, and I think I'll make one. If I have an extra early soft WE black parts phone lying around, and an early WE colored shell, I could make a really beautiful, interesting phone, and I would be using parts from my parts shelf (like WE did to make those phones in the first place).
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

andre_janew

What about black and sea foam green?  How do these phones look to you?

paul-f

Blurred.

The colors aren't bad.  They would liven up a display shelf of largely black phones.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Doug Rose

Looks like someone made a couple of two tone sets from a green and a black. Dates?.....Doug
Kidphone

JimH

IMO, worth much more switched back correctly.  I've seen the green sets go for quite a bit.

Jim
Jim H.

andre_janew

I have a sea foam green Kellogg ITT 500 phone made in 1966 and a black 1962 WE 500C.  They are now all black and all green now.  In their two tone form they were also Kellogg/Western Electric hybrids.   

andre_janew

Here's yet another two-tone phone.

CanadianGuy

Sorry if this doesn't belong here. I found an ad with a two-tone phone, but it is a Northern Electric. I don't know anything about what to look for, nor do I really want it, just want to see what you all have to say about it. Thanks :)