News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

We bought out Telephones Unlimited in Big Rapids MI from FB Marketplace

Started by Hill Haven Telephone Company, January 12, 2021, 05:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hill Haven Telephone Company

So Ashley keeps a post up on Facebook marketplace saying wanted : old telephones.  Cash paid.    We hit the holy grail guy said come on over,  We went over and found all the goodies youve seen posted in the ATCA/TCI FB Groups. 

Took us 2 days working in the cold filling a 6x12 trailer and the bed of my pickup twice to get everything. 

This was the estate of Telephones Unlimited from Big Rapids Michigan. 

We bought this to make stuff available to the community at a fair affordable price.  Not ask eBay pricing.    Needless to say our house is packed our workshop is packed.  We have tons to go through and inventory.  But dang was it all worth it. 

We found some rare stuff.    Ash got her Brass AE 34,  and some pink phones like she wanted.  I found some early art deco phones like I enjoyed.  And now its time to have fun seeing what else we got. 

Key2871

Congratulations on a sweet haul. And that's for offering these parts at a fair price to the folks here at the CRPF.
KEN

Quote from: Key2871 on January 12, 2021, 05:42:27 PM
Congratulations on a sweet haul. And that's for offering these parts at a fair price to the folks here at the CRPF.

Its mostly in the spare room,  which is full,  hoping someone buys up all the housings in lots cause there is zero room for all those cases of 48 to go anywhere.    Lots of cool stuff though.    Here are just some pics from the dig so far

Babybearjs

John

Quote from: Babybearjs on January 12, 2021, 07:50:00 PM
I've been looking for that blue 564 shell..... is it for sale?

Yeah shoot me a PM with what a fair price is to you and we can get it heading your way

Due to lack of interest in the items i found nothing is being made available for sale.   Looking into donating it to the local telephone museum. 

Stormcrash

Dude you're giving us all whiplash. It doesn't help that you started more than one topic/thread on this so all your information about what was acquired or for sale is all spread out and hard to find. A solid plan breakdown for how you would be handling sales/payment/shipping would also help.

The back and forth decisions and deleted posts aren't helping things either. You got mad and accused others of greed for being interested in the rather uncommon North sets, claiming they will now be donated. You talk about wanting to set fair price to help new collectors, but now you can't shift these parts/housings fast enough and you're surprised between the drama and lack of details on how to buy that there aren't many takers? So now those will be donated as well? If you actually want to sell things, make up your mind, provide a single place to view what's for sale and at what price, and explain how/where they will be available

Doug Rose

Quote from: Stormcrash on January 19, 2021, 05:21:36 PM
Dude you're giving us all whiplash. It doesn't help that you started more than one topic/thread on this so all your information about what was acquired or for sale is all spread out and hard to find. A solid plan breakdown for how you would be handling sales/payment/shipping would also help.

The back and forth decisions and deleted posts aren't helping things either. You got mad and accused others of greed for being interested in the rather uncommon North sets, claiming they will now be donated. You talk about wanting to set fair price to help new collectors, but now you can't shift these parts/housings fast enough and you're surprised between the drama and lack of details on how to buy that there aren't many takers? So now those will be donated as well? If you actually want to sell things, make up your mind, provide a single place to view what's for sale and at what price, and explain how/where they will be available
Very well said. I think you speak for the majority of the Forum.....Doug
Kidphone

Quote from: Stormcrash on January 19, 2021, 05:21:36 PM

You sir, get two thumbs up! Thank you!

Watch the deleting begin.

Stormcrash

And to be clear I don't intend to be mean or anything. Some of those new old stock shells are interesting to me, especially if the have the Bell Logo + Western Electric stamp instead of the usual "AT&T" or "Bell System made by Western Electric" stamps. But the constant back and forth + disorganized threads + lack  of breakout/all around photos/description/price/selling plan are just too hard to track and deal with

Pourme

~

I saw some stuff I was interested in but was "afraid" to ask about it, might make you mad. So I just let it go.
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

FABphones

There are valid points in the posts above.

I certainly would not make a purchase, but, for future reference, may I suggest as a guideline:

Photograph the items for sale. Individually or in lots.
Describe what those items are.
Give a price.
Confirm which payment methods are accepted.
State a shipping time.

List correctly in the appropriate 'for sale' section.

And then stick to it.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

tubaman

@Stormcrash, I think you have perfectly explained what the rest of us have been feeling about all of this.
:)