"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Salesman Samples, Promos and other Miniature Telephones

Started by Dewdrop, October 16, 2010, 04:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Stettler

Quote from: jsowers on December 23, 2018, 06:46:11 PM
But Trimlines only in white, I assume. So it's not like you can collect all the colors. Has anyone seen a Trimline promo in a color other than white?

This is the only one I have seen. They made princess sample telephones  in color. I think it is likely they made early trimline promo kits in colors. This is my opinion.
JimS.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Russ Kirk

I have only seen the Trimline samples in white. I think the Trimline samples are newer than the 500 set samples.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

HarrySmith

Yes, that is the trunk of my wife's Chrysler 300. I wanted to get them in sunlight to try and show the colors. Getting a Bell logo the right size and cutting them out was difficult. If you look closely you can see they are not quite cut exact but it's good enough for me!
Color list from trunk picture left to right.

Front Row:
Light Blue -62
Green -51
Black -3
Yellow -56
Ivory -50
Brown -54
White -58

Back Row:
Light Gray -61
Red -53
Mediterranean Blue -57
Dark Gray -52
Pink -59
Pose Beige -55
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

HarrySmith

I recently bought what I thought was an Ivory mini that I was going to take the fingerwheel off to repair the damaged one I have. When I got it I realized it was not Ivory but Beige. I also realized that was a color I did not have! I have added it to my collection. It is cloudy here right now so I cannot get any good pictures but I will add some later. I also discovered I have 2 extra in Light Gray. I don't know how I ended up with 3 of them but I am thinking about taking the fingerwheel off one of those. Unless someone needs a Light Gray and has something more common I can take the fingerwheel off. I am also going to be offering the other for sale.

EDIT: Pictures added. The new Beige is in the center, Ivory on right and Rose Beige on left.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Vern P

The lt. beige was a hard one for me to find. I too have extra lt. gray ones. Black was the last me for me.
Vern

HarrySmith

Just found this mini 500 music box on eBay. It is a Light Blue color. I have 2 Blue ones but this looks different. What do you guys think? Is it a different color than mine? Is it faded or bad lighting? Pictures of mine are posted earlier in this topic.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Miniature-Rotary-Dial-Telephone-Music-Box-Pen-Holder/333331129625
( dead link 06-24-21 )
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

paul-f

Ceramic bank - "Saving for my Princess Telephone"
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Russ Kirk

Quote from: paul-f on March 21, 2020, 04:11:31 PM
Ceramic bank - "Saving for my Princess Telephone"

I have the blue one and want the pink one.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Russ Kirk

This is a 5 phone sampler carrying case. The case has some damage but these are really hard to find.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI