News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Salesman Samples, Promos and other Miniature Telephones

Started by Dewdrop, October 16, 2010, 04:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ Kirk

I was watching that auction but had to run an errand.  The errand took longer than I thought and I did not have the chance to bid/snipe.   

It went more that I would have bidded (initially) but my emotions may have driven my $$ amount higher. 

I am shocked at the high price.  But as my wife always tells me, "another one will come someday".

Nice item,  anyone here get it?

Russ....
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

HarrySmith

I put in a couple of bids but it went for double my max :o
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

jsowers

Here's one I found recently, for a whole lot less and in a rarer color. It has a damaged fingerwheel that I may be able to replace (I can get to it from underneath). It's held on by a stout clip underneath.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290481677086

I haven't worked on it yet to replace the fingerwheel. If I do, I'll post some pictures.
Jonathan

Just4Phones

Here are some of my little babies. The princess with the cord is a night light.  Also, has anyone else ever gotten one with the TT dial?  The plastic 302 is a bank and is an EXACT copy of a 302.

Joel

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Just4Phones

Exactly what a fingerstop does.  The dial actually dials and it stops your finger.  P.S.  After the light up princess it's my favorite  ;D

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Kenny C

oh i thought it was some kinda special thing for the bank. I like the princess too :)
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dennis Markham

Joel, I have one of those in Ivory.  I don't even remember where I got it.  It has the slot under the handset for coins and an opening on the bottom to get the coins out.

Also I thought I'd post this advertisement for The Yellow Pages.  An eBay purchase a while back.

Just4Phones

I've seen the ivory before but always with some damage.  It's a great piece.  I'm glad I didn't see that yellow 500.  We would have had a bidding war.  I may recall a yellow pages one but it went out of my price range....was that you ? >:(  LOL.   I don't have a yellow one (yet).  These were at one time quite inexpensive and I am sure I never paid more that 5-10 dollars for any of them but it seems they go for big bucks now.  Always out of my price range.  I saw a black 500 recently as well.  Dang I wanted that but it went for HUGE bucks  :'(

JorgeAmely

Look what our fearless leader found on the place.  :o :o :o  A very rare and hard to find miniature Dark Blue AE80.  Now Terry, don't step on your tongue.   ;D ;D ;D

http://goo.gl/kBSZt

PS: It's green sibling is available from the same seller.

Jorge

AE_Collector

Hhmmm, I wonder what one of these would go for! My guess is $104.49...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320618897319

Back to the current one (who would have thought that more than one of these would even exist!). I like the little realistic dial tag / number card! This current one (above) looks a little better than the $104 one (below) from last week.

I'd like to win a shopping spree in the seller Mr Kolgers phone room! Probably the #1 collector of early colored AE phones. He even has a blue AE 47 set! I had NO IDEA that they made a 47 in color.

Now to check out the green salesman sample.....!

Terry

AE_Collector

Well lets get the Jade Green one up here as well...(for educational purposes of course)

Terry

HarrySmith

I put in the opening bids on both of them ;D

OOPS, wrong. I put in bids on two other sample phones :-[

Now I have bids on them :D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

HarrySmith

Not AE and not on eBay but an ATCA member has some he is selling. I already got one. You can contact him at: oldphones@bellsouth.net
Real nice guy, named Bill. Tell him I sent you! He is asking $35.00 shipped, not bad! Don't know how long they will last!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"