News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Lets see your 5302's guys and gals

Started by Kenny C, November 25, 2010, 03:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny C

We saw your aquas so now lets look at my second favorite odel of phone the 5302. I will start this off. mine is 1959
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Doug Rose

I have been told that my 5302 is not real from members in the ATCA. I bought this at a Flea Market just outside of Worcester MA about 20 miles from Framingham where I live. Even had a Worcester dial card. This is very cool looking phone, whether it is real or cobbled. Being bought at a Flea market does give it some credence as real, but who knows....Happy Turkey-Day....Doug
Kidphone

Adam

Let's call that a 5302A.

As in, "A!  Is that a 5302?!"

:)

Here's my 5302.  Dated 4/59, inside cover dated 5-22-56.  I love the straight handset cord!
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

Just4Phones

Here is mine  ;D

Dennis Markham

Here's my white one (I posted this in another post a while back).  It's seen better days---it has some minor repaired damage--- but it's white.  The second photos shows it next to a 500.  It's a candidate for the peroxide bath.  Maybe next summer when the sun rises in the sky again.

Russ Kirk

Here's mine, albeit not as nice as the ones posted below.  It has a bakelite G1 handset. I'm still hunting for more.....

Doug,  I would have bought yours if I saw it,  even though it may be  not original.  I like it anyway.  

Russ...
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Dave Zemens

Dennis:

Is that the white one you found when we went to that indoor sale near Lansing four or five years ago?
Dave Zemens
1955 Design | Rochester, Michigan
Website Design & Development
Custom WordPress Themes & Plugins

Dan/Panther

Doug;
Could that be an early or prototype 5302 ?
Looks authentic, if not where did the dial mount come from ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dennis Markham

I do kinda like the looks of that phone, Doug.  Did someone modify a dial blank and then mount a 3 inch dial there?

Dave, the white 5302 came from a trade I made a while back.  As seen here.......

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=1155.0

Kenny C

Quote from: Dan/Panther on November 25, 2010, 12:25:37 PM
Doug;
D/P

I didn't think of that. I realy like that one. What is the date on the inside of the case?
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Doug Rose

Quote from: Kennyc1955 on November 25, 2010, 03:54:16 PM
Quote from: Dan/Panther on November 25, 2010, 12:25:37 PM
Doug;
D/P

I didn't think of that. I realy like that one. What is the date on the inside of the case?
Kenny...like most 5302s its a mish mash of dates with a 5m dial. All the screws match the holes, doesn't look to be a force fit. The  guys on the ATCA list said it was a fake. 

D/P...I doubt it was a prototye, with the way 5302s were made inside and outside the Bell System this looks like whatever someone had handy. Still a cool phone...Doug
Kidphone

Adam

I really like the strange 5302 too!  Any chance we could see a pic of the inside of the shell, to see how it's all held together?
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

Greg G.

Quote from: Kidphone on November 25, 2010, 08:19:31 AM
I have been told that my 5302 is not real from members in the ATCA. I bought this at a Flea Market just outside of Worcester MA about 20 miles from Framingham where I live. Even had a Worcester dial card. This is very cool looking phone, whether it is real or cobbled. Being bought at a Flea market does give it some credence as real, but who knows....Happy Turkey-Day....Doug

Did you use the Avon SSS on this one?  What reasons did they give for it not being "real"?
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

Here's my 3.  Some of you make me feel guilty about the time and effort you've put into polishing them up.  I'm such a lazy *$#@! 

In date order, starting with the oldest (I'm going by the date stamp on the base, not the shell date):

1940 Port Orchard "Triangle" 5302, fully functions.  I put more effort into this one than any of the others, but nearly ruined it in the process.  The outside was ok, but the insides were a mess.  I had to repaint and replicate the stamps, including the manufacture date stamp on the inside (not shown, but it's in another thread). 

1941 with F1 handset.  Works except it needs a receiver element.  It appears somebody (not me) at one time "adjusted" the feet by glueing on a spacer to level it out.

1947 5302, fully functions.

I can't help but think the stamps on the bottom of 5302s were hand-stamped, judging from the variation of the placement and quality.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Doug Rose

Quote from: Brinybay on November 25, 2010, 05:56:09 PM
Quote from: Kidphone on November 25, 2010, 08:19:31 AM

Did you use the Avon SSS on this one?  What reasons did they give for it not being "real"?
Greg...I did use SSS on it. I was told that WE never used that type dial blank. It does look odd the way the dial is raised, but I think it also looks cool. I don't know, but I do really like it...Doug
Kidphone