News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Lets see your 5302's guys and gals

Started by Kenny C, November 25, 2010, 03:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaphod01

I have all of my 500's ringing and polished. Time to move on to 5302's.

The left is a '49 base with a F1 handset and straight cord. Right is a '48 base with a G1 handset and fat curly cord. Neither rang upon arrival. Just got the '49 ringing this morning! Moved red ringer wire from GND to L1 (thank you Dan/Panther!).

Time to sort out the '48.

"Things are never so bad they can't be made worse." - Humphrey Bogart

southernphoneman

this is my 5302, it came to me with the g1 handset. this phone took a lot of work to get it operational. and i switched it over to an f1 handset, so anyway here is the photo.

zaphod01

Nice!

I love the look of a F1 handset on a 5302. It just looks right to me.

I got my '48 ringing. It had the same issue as the '49. Red ringer wire was hooked to GND. What's up with that? I find it odd that I bought two 5302's and both appear to have the ringer intentionally defeated.
"Things are never so bad they can't be made worse." - Humphrey Bogart

southernphoneman

Quote from: zaphod01 on March 27, 2013, 07:59:04 PM
Nice!

I love the look of a F1 handset on a 5302. It just looks right to me.

I got my '48 ringing. It had the same issue as the '49. Red ringer wire was hooked to GND. What's up with that? I find it odd that I bought two 5302's and both appear to have the ringer intentionally defeated.
i hope that you got your 5302s working.mine had a lot of little issues. my ringer only came with one bell, had to replace the dial assembly. already mentioned the handset,this was not one of my favorites but with all the work on it i really started to like it.fuuny thing though, when i bought it i did not know what a 5302 was.i purchased thinking it was a 500, the photo only showed the front, but i am really glad it turned out to be a 5302.

Andre91

Here's my 5302W, recently bought on ebay for $14.99... I think it cleaned up nicely. The base and handset have matching dated of 9/41; the shell and #6 dial are dated 6/63. Judging by the dust inside it hadn't been serviced since then, and I had to replace the handset cord due to the wires having dried out. The handset cord is one out of my box of spare parts, it needs to be straightened or replaced with new.

paul-f

It looks great!  Congratulations!

It's easy to straighten the coiled cord by winding it around a dowel that's the same diameter (or slightly smaller) as the inside of the coil.  Let it sit a while before removing the dowel.

You can check other threads for more on cord restoration.  Some like to heat the cord to help set the coil.  Others reverse wind it.  Experiment and have fun.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

BDM

Completely original as found. Bought it at a Grosse Pointe estate sale. It has the original telephone number card and is from the 313 area code.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

andre_janew

Here are a few pictures of the 5302 I recently sold.

Dan/Panther

I just was going over this thread again, when I saw the photo of the 5302 with the E-1 handset. how strange, I tried that on my phones this morning BEFORE I read about. They don't fit.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dennis Markham

Quote from: BDM on March 07, 2014, 08:33:46 PM
Completely original as found. Bought it at a Grosse Pointe estate sale. It has the original telephone number card and is from the 313 area code.

Brian, must have missed your addition to this thread.  Very nice phone with the TUxedo dial card.  Andre, yours looks to be in great shape too.

BDM

Dennis, I've had that particular phone for years. I can't even remember when I bought it. I believe I wrote about it in the virtual phone show thread some time back.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

andre_janew

My phone only brought $8.99 on eBay.  It was sold to ben keys who did some work on it and started a thread on it.  I think the name of the thread was I'll be the new owner of a 5302.  I don't recall the link for it though.

Doug Rose

Kidphone

mdodds

I just started collecting again after about a 30 year hiatus and joined the board yesterday. Amongst my new finds is a 5302 I found on etsy for $15 plus $14 shipping. Looks to be in pretty fair condition....unfortunately has a G1 handset rather than an F1 though.
I usually collect AE and Stromberg Carlson but until I started cruising this board I had never even seen a 5302! It looked just funky enough to be interesting :)

WEBellSystemChristian

Welcome to the forum!

It's pretty funny how most collectors prefer a G1 over an F1 on a 5302, while you prefer an F1 over a G1. I, personally, could go either way, and have one of each.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford