"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

D1 won't ring

Started by marty, March 05, 2011, 03:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty

Hi All;
I just found out that my D1 won't ring, with a 685, with my ring generator, but my 584 will. So I have something wrong in my wiring.. I can not get it to ring on L1 and L2.. But I can get it to ring if I use A and K on the coil or L2 and K.. Do I need to wire K to L1...  Photos included..
Thank You Marty

Phonesrfun

Marty.  The red and black ringer wires need to be moved from L1 and L2 on the terminal strip to L1 and L2 on the network where the line comes in.

-Bill G

rdelius

You need to connect the line cord on the first 2 terminals to the left on the black terminal strip.L1 and L2 on the network will not be needed . You need to make sure RR is in the circuit .
It has been a while but I would connect a yellow wire to L2 on the terminal strip, run that to the hookswitch Y terminal ,out of hookswitch bk terminal to dial pulse and out of dial pulse back to rr on network.I would then strap L1 on termanal strip to c on network. This would wire the primary circuit so the set would dial and hang up.
gn on network would wire through dial and switch to rec
B on network to transmitter
r on network would be common
this was a 5 wire circuit
This might differ than other methods
Robby

bingster

Marty, as Bill mentions, the ringer wires should be moved to the network, but in addition, ALL the wiring should be on the network, completely eliminating the connecting block.  Check the diagram for 685 subsets (link below), and if you make your wiring conform to that, all should be well.  Any wiring in your 685 which does not appear on that diagram serves no purpose and should be removed.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=784.0
= DARRIN =

marty

Hi All;
As soon as I took the C connection off of the L2 on the terminal block and wired the Red ringer wire to L2, it worked... THANK YOU Marty