News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Color Match Handset Cord?

Started by Scotophor, June 08, 2014, 01:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotophor

The other day I went to untwist the handset cord on my BellSouth TP201L-10 touch-tone Trimline, and the release tab broke off one of the modular plugs, so now I need to replace the cord (it's a 25-footer). The phone is a dark beige color, how can I find out the exact name or number of the color to match it? Is there likely to be a number code marked inside the phone somewhere, or is there a list available of colors this model was made in?
Name: A.J.   Location: LAPNCAXG, EDgewood 6

DavePEI

Quote from: Scotophor on June 08, 2014, 01:52:56 AM
The other day I went to untwist the handset cord on my BellSouth TP201L-10 touch-tone Trimline, and the release tab broke off one of the modular plugs, so now I need to replace the cord (it's a 25-footer). The phone is a dark beige color, how can I find out the exact name or number of the color to match it? Is there likely to be a number code marked inside the phone somewhere, or is there a list available of colors this model was made in?

Just replace the modular plug only. Much easier to do that than to find a matching cord if the rest of the cord is in good shape!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Scotophor

But it isn't, really. It's rather filthy, stretched out, and kinked. I know it can be re-shaped but is it worth all that effort? I don't have a modular plug or crimping tool, either.
Name: A.J.   Location: LAPNCAXG, EDgewood 6