"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

General Tel / AE Spacemaker Panel Phone Tin sign

Started by GTE Rick, April 08, 2014, 08:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTE Rick

Found this in antique store for $65
Small in size ... Smart in Style ... and it has a lighted dial.

GTE Rick

and why do my pics always turn sideways when i post?????

paul-f

Good question.  Are you posting from a phone?
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Dennis Markham

Quote from: RickGTE on April 08, 2014, 08:43:36 PM
and why do my pics always turn sideways when i post?????

Rick, I believe that photos posted from mobile devices appear sideways.  It may be a software compatibility issue.  I think we've discussed that issue on the forum in the past.  Someone with more expertise than I can weigh in on this.

GTE Rick

I did take the photos with my Iphone, then emaild them to myself and downloaded them to my lap top...  they appeared to be right side up but then when I posted...  BAM sideways .. so i opened them in paintbrush and saved them and they are fine... what a boatload of malarkey!

DavePEI

Quote from: RickGTE on April 08, 2014, 10:29:44 PM
I did take the photos with my Iphone, then emaild them to myself and downloaded them to my lap top...  they appeared to be right side up but then when I posted...  BAM sideways .. so i opened them in paintbrush and saved them and they are fine... what a boatload of malarkey!

The problem lies, I believe in the IPHONE Exif data format being incompatible with many programs. Exif data from the Iphone includes the orientation which can be read directly by SOME software. Paintbrush, PSP, Photoshop save the image orientation directly - in other words save a photo either as landscape or as portrait. The software here wants it to be correctly saved as either landscape or portrait, as opposed to just mention in the Exif data of orientation.

An example of Iphone Exif data:

Make                          : Apple Camera
Model Name               : iPhone 4S
Orientation               : Horizontal (normal)
Date/Time Original      : 2011:08:25 09:27:36
Create Date               : 2011:08:25 09:27:36

Beyond this, they give locational data and exposure data.

Just a matter of a new standard for portable camera phones not yet implemented in software and not yet implemented in most digital cameras.

By importing the image into a non Apple image editor. flipping it to suit, then saving it will replace the metadata with "normal" orientation.

Images should not be posted in raw format anyway - they should be reduced in size and re-saved to meet the forum size limits and cropping adjusted to give the best quality possible. They should be reduced so that no photo is larger than 1000 pixels in the largest direction. Just IMHO.

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

GTE Rick

Thanks Dave, Dennis, And Paul now with that out of the way what did you think of the sign lol!

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

paul-f

Oh, the signs...

I haven't seen either before.

The slogan, "Spacemaker, designed with the man in mind..." is curious.

What were they thinking?

Did most potential users think Spacemakers were for homemakers?

We'll have to look for that slogan in other advertising.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line