News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What do you think about stickers and number cards on phones?

Started by Cole, September 12, 2019, 07:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

Quote from: Cole on September 12, 2019, 07:04:20 PM
Noticed some of the fresh finds on the forum and seen some on eBay also have stickers applied. Such as numbers for police, etc. What do you think of these? Tacky or tell a story? To me if they're not to obtrusive, and applied neat and straight, they do kind of tell a history of the phone, how long it was in service, etc.

Some of the phones I'm obtaining also have the old number cards on them? Do you leave these intact? I think I'm going to leave mine, since again they tell the history of the phone, what state it was used in, etc.

I use to remove the stickers, but mainly I agree in your opinion, so I do not have many phones with stickers.

The dial cards is another thing, and if I make new ones, I usually put the new on top of the older ones so I may go back to what it was.

When I make new ones it will either be a copy of the old ones or e new one depending on where it shall be located.  Sometimes only with info of make model and year.

dsk

Gary Millam

I agree, I do not like stickers on my telephones. I only have this one telephone with
a sticker and I am keeping it on as it appears to be directly related to the original
use of this phone. Here is a photo of my WE apartment phone with the sticker.

Gary

Dan F

Jim Stettler

Glow-in-the dark funeral/emergency number stickers were very popular back in the day.
I agree with D/P. They are worth saving.
JMO,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Key2871

Well government labels or stickers letting you know the phone isn't secure is fine, as for old funeral home things yea maybe. But I have never run across anything that old on sets I've bought. Just the newer 911 labels, and advertising a local realtor is all I've seen in these parts.
KEN