News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Santa brought me

Started by liteamorn, December 17, 2011, 08:29:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

liteamorn

Well, it wasn't Santa. My girlfriend and I exchanged our Christmas gifts last night (due to hectic schedules and work schedules around Christmas). I mentioned that she has taken an active interest in my phone collections and that she had become quite knowledgeable in our obsession.

Well for Christmas she gave me a black 202 (D mount) with an E1 handset in great condition. An AE 50 in excellent condition and a black WE P/U 500 "Mushroom"that has complete matching dates in excellent condition!

I must have been a VERY good boy!

AE_Collector

Quite the "Shopper" you have there! Maybe she actually was attending the "Janet School of Phone Hunting" when she told you she had to go visit her mom that weekend last month!

Nice Phones.

Terry

jsowers

Since it wouldn't be in good taste to reveal the price paid for one of your phones, all I can say is Santa must have a really good paying job.  :)  Be sure to thank her a lot. A whole lot.
Jonathan

Dennis Markham

That beats a lump of coal any day!  You better get her something GOOD after all of that!  Congratulations.

GG

All I can say is, ...wow!

That's one generous girlfriend, and one who knows this field well.

liteamorn

It was a fun Christmas, while she amassed these gems I was learning about and buying a lot of things from her collections (50's and 60's ceramic Christmas angels). I filled out many of the holes she had (she has a huge collection). I spent ton of time learning what angels were collectables and which ones weren't, which ones she needed and didn't. I know more about Holt Howard m Napco and Lefton Christmas angels than I ever thought I would. I hope she had as much fun in my world of collectables as I did in hers.

gpo706

Wish I had a GF like yours.

Does she have a unattached sister?

"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

liteamorn

Unfortunately GPO all of her sisters are spoken for, she really is one of a kind. I am amazed at what she knows about these phones.

Update

All of the phones work great! I had to trouble shoot the mushroom as the light wouldn't light, I used a simple voltage tester (ac & dc)  I found the problem quite quickly (the plug) and soon my mushroom was lit.

The D-1 mount 202 with the E-1 handset is now wired to a subset made from one of my 302's. Outside of the receiver sounding SLIGHTLY tinny (I attribute that to age) it is loud and clear and rings great.

The AE-50 sounds and rings like the day it was made, I can't wait to get it on my wall. I have a modular wall mount and the phone has been wired with a modular cord and I would like to keep it that way. I would love to be able to swap it out with my red 500 whenever the mood struck.

bingster

Quote from: liteamorn on December 21, 2011, 06:06:46 PM
The D-1 mount 202 with the E-1 handset is now wired to a subset made from one of my 302's. Outside of the receiver sounding SLIGHTLY tinny (I attribute that to age) it is loud and clear and rings great.

The slight tinniness of the receiver is normal.  Since the sound is made by a vibrating metal plate, there's no way to get rid of it, but you do get used to it rather quickly.
= DARRIN =