Sun SparcStation Cycle 5
AT&T 712

Couple of Wyse Terminals and other related goodies

Dave F

I have managed to hold onto a few items from the old days:

Mac SE

Two Rockwell AIM-65s

Qume QVT102 terminal

Three 33ASR teletypes, including one with a Carterphone modem and one with a Western Electric 113 Dataphone

DF

PS: Believe it or not, the Mac SE is still in use today!  My wife is a teacher, and she uses it to keep track of students' test scores and grades.

WesternElectricBen

No, I'm not much of a computer collector.

I have sold all my extra computers and am down to three from seven.

I had:

iMac G3
iMac Core 2 Duo
Dell optiplex GX270   
Dell optiplex GX620  (both not vtg. though not bad computers)

But I'm glad I only have my custom built computer, my mac, and a dell optiplex gx270 (xhausted1100 gave it to me)

Ben

AE_Collector

My daily driver is a Dell Optiplex GX520. Nothing older than that in use here. Still something out in the garage with a Celeron 300 processor in it that back in the day everyone liked to overclock the heck out of.

Terry

Phonesrfun

My first computer was a TI 99-4A, which I think I bought in 1979.  I even bought the expansion box for it so it had a disk drive and I think 256k of memory.  I also had the speech synthesizer, and it a spreadsheet cartridge.

I used a TTY 33 for a printer, and then upgraded to a dot matrix printer.

Years have gone by, and a few years ago my son bought me a used 99-4A at a garage sale.  (No expansion box)  That is the only relic I have, other than my current computer is about 7 years old.

The good old days of programming in Basic and I even did a few in the TI assembly language.  I think I did those just to prove I could.  Not something I stayed current with.
-Bill G

twocvbloke

I don't really collect them as such, but I have an Olivetti Pentium75 desktop, a Compaq LTE5300 (Pentium 133 I think) laptop, a Compaq Contura 4/25 laptop (486-25MHz), and a couple of Commodore Amiga A600s, the only other computers I have are my "daily drivers", my Toshiba Portege M300 laptop, my Pentium4 based media server (when I get round to connecting it up that is) and my AMD Athlon X2 3800 desktop used for games... :)

I also have a not quite vintage (but comes from a long-running line of the same model) Oki Microline 280 Elite (elite cos it has USB) dot matrix printer, which I did a video of for my friend over in texas, but thought I'd share it on the web anyway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3NkITEI3Jg

First part is how it does with images, 2nd is just showing how fast it can print text... :)

I think that was hooked up to the Olivetti for the text, cos the driver worked better under Windows98 rather than under XP which did the image printout...

Bill

Anyone interested in a Commodore VIC-20? I have one up at my camp in Maine (now closed for the winter), along with the Commodore later-model (beefed up) power supply, a bunch of game cartridges, a couple joysticks, and such-like. I don't know if I can get my 5-year old grandson to let go of it, but it might work out.

Bill

xhausted110

oldest thing I own is a PLC programmer from the 80's "portable", although my commodore 128 might be older. here's a video of the programmer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZEUGgzPZFg
- Evan

xhausted110

Quote from: twocvbloke on October 31, 2013, 05:39:12 AM
I don't really collect them as such, but I have an Olivetti Pentium75 desktop, a Compaq LTE5300 (Pentium 133 I think) laptop, a Compaq Contura 4/25 laptop (486-25MHz), and a couple of Commodore Amiga A600s, the only other computers I have are my "daily drivers", my Toshiba Portege M300 laptop, my Pentium4 based media server (when I get round to connecting it up that is) and my AMD Athlon X2 3800 desktop used for games... :)

I also have a not quite vintage (but comes from a long-running line of the same model) Oki Microline 280 Elite (elite cos it has USB) dot matrix printer, which I did a video of for my friend over in texas, but thought I'd share it on the web anyway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3NkITEI3Jg

First part is how it does with images, 2nd is just showing how fast it can print text... :)

I think that was hooked up to the Olivetti for the text, cos the driver worked better under Windows98 rather than under XP which did the image printout...

I have a printer that looks a lot like that. a OKIDATA microline 184-turbo 9 pin. parallel only.
- Evan

twocvbloke

Quote from: xhausted110 on November 01, 2013, 01:47:32 PMI have a printer that looks a lot like that. a OKIDATA microline 184-turbo 9 pin. parallel only.

I almost bought one of those after I got my 280, it was 120v and came with a transformer too, but, I decided not to cos I didn't really need it... :D

Interesting thing to note though, British Telecom used a slightly altered Okidata Microline 182 for one of their line of computer printers, one of them features in The secret life of machines - The word processor:

http://youtu.be/nN9wNvEnn-Q?t=18m10s

Well worth watching from the beginning that one if you're into old computers... :)