News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Need a special number to test a phone

Started by Contempra, November 17, 2013, 10:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Contempra

Hello to all. okay all know i'm in Québec/Canada here. So, is there someone here knows a number just to test a phone if it rings. My question seems stupid but once there was this number: 41091 here in Quebec to make a phone ring and for dial tone. This meant that the phone was in working order.

now here in Quebec we are obliged to report the area code before the phone number, and thus the number 41091 work over all.

So maybe one of you knows the new number for these tests. I know that in the States there is one but does not here in the Canada

G-Man

The ILEC Test Number Directories show the numbers for use in the U.S. but not for Canada.
The easiest way would be to call the number with your cellphone.       

dsk

Yet another reason to join C*NET  ;)
At least we have ring back functions among other test facilities.

dsk

twocvbloke

I just use one of my linesman phones or my Panasonic KX-T616 phone system, ring, transmit, receive, dialling, etc., can all be tested on those... :)

Contempra

Quote from: G-Man on November 17, 2013, 11:02:10 PM
The ILEC Test Number Directories show the numbers for use in the U.S. but not for Canada.

cellphone... If I had one but I don't like this kind of phone and I also heard long ago, that this kind of phones are dangerous ...Cancer.. anyway;) thnaks for your comment ;)

Contempra

Quote from: dsk on November 18, 2013, 02:13:47 AM
Yet another reason to join C*NET  ;)
At least we have ring back functions among other test facilities.

dsk

C*NET........ I don't know...

GTE Rick

ILEC Test Number Directories where do I find one???
Small in size ... Smart in Style ... and it has a lighted dial.

G-Man

Quote from: RickGTE on November 18, 2013, 11:39:35 AM

ILEC Test Number Directories where do I find one???

Issued yearly to telco c.o. supervisory personnel so ask your 1st –level to  order one from your company's document distribution center.

Contains numbers for accessing ring-back, milliwatt testing, loop-around, quiet numbers, loop-disconnect, a.n.i., anac, etc. test numbers for all telco operating companies in the U.S. so it would be worthwhile to have one ordered.

Greg G.

Have a friend call your number?  May want to look into getting a PBX. 
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e