News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Western Electric Calculagraph #33 KS-7769-L

Started by Russ Kirk, July 01, 2014, 04:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ Kirk

My neighbor was retired from Pacific Telephone and last night she brought me this gift. It is a Western Electric Calculagraph #33 KS-7769-L.  Does anyone have a extra sample of the tickets that were stamped?
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Russ Kirk

Even a scan of a ticket would be helpful.

Also,  does anyone know where I can get a replacement ribbon?
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

WesternElectricBen

Russ Kirk

From what I have been able to find out it uses a ribbon 1 3/8" x 6'.  I found a post on another forum 14 years ago that said brasscashregister.net has some.  I sent them an email but have not heard back from them.  This site may not pan out...
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Babybearjs

I won one of these on Ebay and just hooked it up.... the clock works.... does anyone know where one can get a new ribbon for these? is the manufacturer still in business? the clock keeps real good time but I'd like to get the stamper to work.... all I need is the ribbon!  Also, it works great on the power from the 1A1 system I have... Even though the P/S says its 18 volts AC, it has enough power to run these units. I was able to D/L the manual for this unit and it did come with its own power supply.
John

Fabius

Quote from: Babybearjs on April 07, 2015, 11:42:14 PM
is the manufacturer still in business?

I have a model 30 calculagraph which is the big round face keywind model. I was able to write the Calculagraph Co in New Jersey and based on my unit's serial number they were able to tell me who they originally sold it to. But that was back in the 1980s. Recently I did a Google search and they are still in existence but under a different name (which I don't remember right now). A little detective work on Google will find them for you.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Russ Kirk

I searched with no luck.  I also need one.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Fabius

Quote from: Russ Kirk on April 08, 2015, 01:17:05 PM
I searched with no luck.  I also need one.

The company is still in business, now known as Control Products, Inc.  Here is info with the old name:

http://tinyurl.com/nha2cwe

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905