News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Trimline

Started by Tonyrotary, April 16, 2015, 08:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonyrotary

I have a WE rotary trimline phone from 1971. What is kinda strange is the phone appears two tone. The handset and cord seem ivory and the base beige. Now its not like you can easily connect two different bases and this was before the R45 jacks so the cord is not easily detached. I got this phone off ebay during my deployment. Even came with the hardwire jack and a transformer. The handset does not light up though. Possible the phone company did the different base possibly due to a field repair? Though I have seen what looks like the same thing on a website before that sells phones. Any ideas? Also I gotta find out why the phone does not light up.

19and41

Mine seems to be white with the handset rear ivory.  It looks like the sun might've changed the color.  It is an older unit and won't light with the line power. 
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

AE_Collector

Are you certain that it doesnt have the "big plugs" that Trimlines and AE Stylelines used in the early days before the more ommon moduar plugs/jacks? There were NO hardwired AE Stylelines other than early wall bases which had the line hardwired into them so I highly doubt that there were hardwired Trimlines.

Other than the possibility of parts (handset and base) being interchanged maybe one part was repainted and the other wasn't? Once painted there is usually no discoloring going forward but if original plastic especially in a light color, discoloration is going to happen.

Terry

Tonyrotary

Terry, sorry yes it was the big plugs, not hardwired.