News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Telephone Mishaps in the Movies & TV

Started by BDM, September 20, 2009, 11:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDM

Every now and then, you see someone in the movies do something with a phone that just won't work. Example, watch this episode of the Untouchables. Look at frame #3.40 about mid way through the movie. Notice what Ness does with the phone in question ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XipuH8iGgH0&NR=1
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

bwanna

donna

bingster

I guess that's the equivalent today of putting the handset to your head the wrong way around.  (I've done that, by the way.) :-[
= DARRIN =

HobieSport

"Hello; I'm Eliot Ness"

What a typical line.

Any woman in her right mind would respond:

"You'll get no information from me."
-Matt

gpo706

There's an episode of "The Professionals" which has Doyle attaching a sucker cup to the side of a GPO 332, not the handset, THE SIDE of the body  - yer like that would work!
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

McHeath

Funny.  He sure covered it up quick, and the women behind him acted like they never noticed. 

BDM

LOL...You're right. You can see she catches his error. You can tell she's thinking "WTH?!"  :D
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

HobieSport

Very enjoyable indeed  but I don't quite get the telephone misuse joke.

Can someone explain it to me and tell me the minute/second numbers in the film where the telephone is misused?

Sorry. I'm a little bit "dense" sometimes and I don't quite get the joke.
-Matt

Dan/Panther

Matt;
Forward the clip to 3 minutes and 40 seconds, then watch how he puts the candlestick transmitter up to one ear, and the receiver up to the other ear.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

HobieSport

Thanks Dan/Panther

I am not very smart about candlstick telephones. Or Mexican women. Though I like both.
-Matt

Greg G.

I'm surprised they left that goof in.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

McHeath

QuoteI am not very smart about candlstick telephones. Or Mexican women. Though I like both.

Wow, that's an interesting leap in logic! ;D

I too was surprised they left that goof in the show, perhaps they were on a shoestring budget and time crunch.  It does make the main character look a little bad.

BDM

Quote from: McHeath on September 21, 2009, 09:46:48 AM
QuoteI am not very smart about candlstick telephones. Or Mexican women. Though I like both.

Wow, that's an interesting leap in logic! ;D

I too was surprised they left that goof in the show, perhaps they were on a shoestring budget and time crunch.  It does make the main character look a little bad.

Not knocking Robert Stack (I like him). But knowing his age, you can bet he used a CS phone once or twice in his life outside the movies :P So unlike some young gun today, there's no excuse ;)  jk'ing of course ;)
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

bwanna

maybe he was nervous, being surrounded by all those dames ;)
donna

BDM

Quote from: bwanna on September 22, 2009, 08:55:36 AM
maybe he was nervous, being surrounded by all those dames ;)

Oh I don't doubt that. Acting has to be VERY demanding. Think about how much must be going through your head, as you go from scene to scene(besides being surrounded by all those pretty gals 8) ). Can't be an easy job by any measure.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI