News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

cord conundrum

Started by finlover, September 22, 2009, 05:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HobieSport

Since Brinybay brought it up though, is the clip were the handset cord goes into the phone called the "retainer clip", and that is where we find the date on a cord, correct?

I've been looking at a lot of my WE 500 cords lately (all black cords in my case) and just trying to figure which might be original and which are replacements. Most seem to be replacements, not surprising since most of my 500s are from the 1950s.

Also, there are the older thick cords and the newer thinner cords, correct? When did those changes from thick to thinner take place? I know this info is probably already on the forum somewhere, but even with a search, I wouldn't know where to look. I'm hoping it's appropriate to discuss some more of the general obvious differences in WE 500 cords on this newer thread.
-Matt

Greg G.

Quote from: Jester on September 24, 2009, 01:13:03 PM
The other end, Brinybay.  You have the part I was referring to circled on your green SC.

I didn't know you could change those.  Nothing wrong with that, IMO.  That's another salvageable part I can use.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e