News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

which is cheaper??

Started by Babybearjs, March 01, 2016, 02:11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

so, here I am... wanting some more # 5 dial and finding 2 things.... 1. there are an awful lot of 302's on ebay with dial for less then $50.00 @. there are #5 and #6 dial showing up starting at $20.00. so, what does one do? just buy the dial, or get the whole phone... buying the dial, no problem.... buying the whole phone, no problem except for.... what do you do with it after you use the dial out of it and is it worth having the extra parts around... I hate throwing out stuff that can't be easily replaced, but I have no more room for all this stuff.... and to sell it.... will it sell, and can you make it worth the time?
John

Dan/Panther

Use the dial for your needed purpose, then buy a Kotke subset cover, and use the base on another project as a subset.
Win/Win.
The only thing left is Receiver, and shell, which will both sell fast on eBay. You will most likely come out with enough extra cash to pay for the subset cover.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Babybearjs

I thought of that.... the covers are kind of expensive though... Right now I just thought I'd share that thought.... Its hard to keep buying this stuff... you save it for a rainy day and its always sunny!
John

AE_Collector

Quote from: Babybearjs on March 01, 2016, 05:31:19 PM
you save it for a rainy day and its always sunny!

Stop by the "Let it Snow" topic....it isn't sunny there very often.

Terry