News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

lost pages

Started by Babybearjs, March 13, 2016, 12:36:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

well.... now I need some help in finding a BSP that I was looking at earlier and lost its location.... all I know is that the last page is from section 55 part #607. it is the wiring chart to the 440-460 series phones and it shows the key set numbers for the different phones... I'll keep looking,  Its Table "A" for the cloth covered cords.  I know it was from the C series section, but can't find the exact file.
John

paul-f

There's some basic model identification info and list of some possible BSPs to check here:

http://www.paul-f.com/we300typ.htm#440

You can also check BSP index documents in the TCI Library for more candidate BSPs. An example is C12.001 PTT IA Dec54 - C-Series Numerical Index.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

NorthernElectric

Is this it?  I just went to TCI and typed '55 607' into the search.  My internet is slow today and it's still downloading so I haven't seen it yet.

PS.  download finished, I think this is it.
Cliff

Babybearjs

OMG! its no wonder I couldn't find it.... it was a GSP...! not a BSP. now that's confusing.....how did a bell document get in the hands of the GTE system.... (or did they steal it and say they wrote it.) anyway, thank you. so.... here goes another question.....what did GTE have out as far as phones go.... that were the equivalent to the W.E. 400 series during the same time frame (1937-1957) IF GTE had to have this document, then were they buying phones from W.E. because they didn't have anything along the same lines... was the AE 86 the first multiline phone AE made? if not, what was out prior to its release?  I'm starting to think that paul's website needs to show BOTH GSP and BSP references if both companies used the same phone. when I run into stuff like this, it makes me wonder if W.E. really ran AE, like they did with Kellogg-ITT. is there some history we don't know about in this area???
John

AE_Collector

86 and 86 key adapter were AE's first 10A1/10A2 multi-line phones but not AE's first multi-line phones. There were the AE 31 (or was it 32) bases for the 1A sets that had keys for multiple lines and then later the 3 line AE 47.

Here we used NE Call Directors for key phones larger than 86's and later we used NE Logic 10's and 20's. I did run into some NE 1A key in an old hospital using those wooden switch boxes that were available in 3, 6 and 12 line versions. We tended to use a bit more NE stuff here if AE Canada didn't make a suitable product even though AE in the US did make what we needed. This was because we would have to pay duty on importing the product but paid no duty if bought from NE and it was made it in Canada.

I also found a NE 464 key set in the phone room of an old office building in downtown Vancouver in the late 70's so we used NE 400 series keysets befire AE introduced the 86. I may have GSP's for NE products as well.

I dont think anything was going on between AE and WE. GTE companies just used WE equipment where they needed to and thus wrote (or copied) the documents and put GSP on them. Didn't really matter that they werent made by AE.

Terry

Babybearjs

Terry, Thanks for the info. I was surprised to see the file. I always thought AE only used their own equipment and vice-versa. It funny to see the AE version of the 400 series phones. but, you know what.... they show a lot more info then W.E. I was surprised to see they Key codes and related info. now I have the information I was looking for. the info on the 561 and 562 key sets. now, I can be on the lookout for certain phones in the 400 series... I have yet to come across the 4 and 6 button units with cut-off keys. I know they are out there...just where is still to be answered. I'm always on the lookout for any of the 46X series phones. there are 2 on ebay right now, but other people want them worse then me. there are 2 versions of the same phone.... wired JUST for 1A, or wired for BOTH 1A and 1A1. I'm looking for the later...1A1. The model code has to END with a "G" (464GG, Etc.) I have several 444EG's and several 464EG's, and GG's.... but no 465's... except for the 1A phone I grabbed from another collector thinking I was getting the right model....now that I have all the missing info.... I can be on the lookout more....
John