"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My Lamp Phone Atrocity -> AE 1A

Started by Pourme, December 06, 2016, 09:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unbeldi

Quote from: TelePlay on December 10, 2016, 05:22:11 PM
Can anyone post a picture or a link to a picture of the insides of a 1A so Benny will know what he needs to complete the phone as a phone someday? That way, Benny will know what to purchase or acquire if he runs into the parts while trying to find the correct dial blank, or dial.

Well, a 1A really only has wires inside, with the possible exception of that one wire resistor.  What is needed here is a complete subset.

TelePlay

Quote from: unbeldi on December 10, 2016, 05:30:08 PM
Well, a 1A really only has wires inside, with the possible exception of that one wire resistor.  What is needed here is a complete subset.

I was thinking plunger, hook switch pile, terminal strips if any, screws, etc. and the wiring showing how it was wired at the factory for delivery.

unbeldi

The hookswitch is encased pretty much, hardly visible.
I can't quickly find a topic on the forum to show, but here is a picture that probably did come from the forum.

Pourme

That is very different from the mechanics of a WE B1...
Thank you for the photo. Perhaps one day I will make a call from this "lamp". I will be on the look out for needed parts. I did notice these sell for much more than the comparative WE B1 when complete. I assume less of these were produced and are therefore rarer.

Well, I added a little paint where it was needed....Right now it's just sitting there in pieces so I can get a feel of how it will look.  I really is a great looking phone. I do realize the brass bands were painted black from the factory but this looks so much better! I even placed a WE dial in place to visualize how it would look. One of those brass dials would be the ticket!

I need the gasket bad.

Having fun with this!   

Thanks for the input everybody. More pics to follow!

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Pourme

Here is what I'd like my lamp to look like... The one on the left

Taken from the forum....
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service