News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Dial to Touch tone converter

Started by cccp68801, March 24, 2017, 09:22:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cccp68801

I see that there about 6 or 7 DTMF-PULSE converters out there in the world of Gizmos. What one to you dial folks think is best for me?  I am a 302 Phreak and restore quite a few as a hobby.

Thanks for your advise in advance.

cccp68801

mentalstampede

I'm a big fan of the old Panasonic 308 or 616 PBX systems, especially if you have multiple phones you want to use. It allows you to hook them all up as an intercom system, and will convert pulse to DTMF whenever you dial out. The only caveat is that you won't have the ability to dial # or * with this solution.

As far as other options, the dialgizmo is super easy; just connect it between your phone and the wall. If you would prefer to hide the device inside the body of your phone, the rotatone might be more up your alley. Both of those devices provide pretty much the same functionality.
My name is Kenn, and I like telephones.

"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." --Robert Heinlein

twocvbloke

One other option is a tone generator you hold up to the transmitter, requires no conversion and can be used between multiple phones... :)

oldguy

I am also a fan of the 616/308s. Just don't leave 15 of your display phones hooked to your land line through your 616 when you leave the house, even though you may love the sound, it will drive your wife crazy when the phone rings.
Gary

Jim Stettler

There are also "soft-touch" transmitter keypads that were made for "G" style handsets. You replace the transmitter element and cap with a TT pad/transmitter/cap.  Not real popular because of spittle concerns.
JMO,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

TelePlay

And then there is this device which can be moved from phone to phone should this be what you want and if you are willing to undertake the project.

http://atcaonline.com/ttpad.html

and how Stub did a modification so the above keypad can be used on any phone without messing with each phones network.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=458.msg73211#msg73211

Jim Stettler

Radio Shack used to sell a digital watch with phone book and dial. Select the entry and push dial while holding the watch near the mouthpiece and it tone the # it may of done pulse as well.
JMO,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.