News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

5302 with G-1 Handset.

Started by Dan/Panther, November 24, 2009, 01:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

Did the 5302 ever come with a G-1 handset ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Phonesrfun

Yes.  The cradle was designed to accomodate both the F1 and the G1.  I believe they made a special G style handset that used the F1 transmitter and HA1 receiver, but in the G style.  I think this is on Paul F's website.
-Bill G

jsowers

Quote from: Phonesrfun on November 24, 2009, 02:07:35 PM
Yes.  The cradle was designed to accomodate both the F1 and the G1.  I believe they made a special G style handset that used the F1 transmitter and HA1 receiver, but in the G style.  I think this is on Paul F's website.

You're correct. It's right here...
http://www.paul-f.com/we300typ.htm#GF
Jonathan

Greg G.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

benhutcherson

I have two 5302s. One is early production, and has an F-1 with a straight rubber cord. The other is late product, and has a full-blown G-1(not the transitional type with F-receiver elements).

WE cobbled up a special piece of mounting hardware for the cord restraint on the G-1 handset.

rp2813

This is very interesting and now refines my search for the ideal 5302 down to a serious challenge.  At first I would have been happy to have a disguised 302 with a G1 handset.  Now I'm going to want it to have a GF handset.  With a coiled cord, of course.   The idea is to have unsuspecting users think it's just a familiar model 500, when they would really be using a device with all of its technological components from the 302 era.  I'd enjoy using it myself for the same reason.
Ralph