News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 400 series phone hold button...

Started by Babybearjs, September 14, 2017, 10:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

thought I's throw this one out to you all......had anyone ever changed out the clear hold button and replace it with a black button from another unit? I had some spare black buttons from old phones that were scrapped due to severe water damage. I found that the phone looks a bit better with the hold button being black. if you ever try this, be sure to take out the button  bushing or the black button won't fit. if the button binds or is sticky, sand the bottom edge a bit to get it to move smoothly.
John

Dan/Panther

Did they originally come with clear hold buttons ?

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Babybearjs

Yes, But I discovered the black button works too... like the newer phones the hold button is quite visual so on knows where the hold button is if the designation strip is missing or not used....since the older phones were made with all clear buttons it kind of updates the phone. the 44x and 46x and the early 54x and 56x series phone all had clear buttons I think it wasn't until the 60's they created thee red hold button.... Plus... on the phones with the 588 and 589 key assemblies, they did not have a MW lamp. the 400 series never used that option, it wasn't until the late 60's the 56x series phones used a MW lamp. (if used).
John