News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My telephone family.

Started by Kenny C, April 03, 2010, 11:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McHeath

QuoteMcHeath, What style of elements are in your handset?
Jim

Standard T1 and U1, and it even has a four conductor handset cord connected to the coil in the 354!  Sidetone was WAY too loud when I first got the phone back into service, so I experimented about and by moving the handset cords to different locations was able to tame it down to acceptable levels.

Kenny C

Quote from: stub1953 on April 04, 2010, 12:14:25 PM
Kenny,
          Nice set of phones!!!!!  Have you ever finished that AE 90 ?   stub

I'm working on it today
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

bellsystemproperty

The Kellogg DK500 is an interesting phone. Kellogg also made a phone (I forget the model #) that had the model 1000 RedBar parts inside. They rotated the dial to look like a Western dial and even made their own case and G handset.

Jim Stettler

Quote from: bellsystemproperty on April 04, 2010, 05:16:42 PM
The Kellogg DK500 is an interesting phone. Kellogg also made a phone (I forget the model #) that had the model 1000 RedBar parts inside. They rotated the dial to look like a Western dial and even made their own case and G handset.

The straight 500 style  are K500's
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

foots

I have a touch tone with a '60 DK500 base, ringer and network. Is  DK500 the one Kenny has pictured?
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

paul-f

Quote from: bellsystemproperty on April 04, 2010, 05:16:42 PM

http://www.paul-f.com/K51.htm
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

rp2813

Heath, that's an interesting arrangement on your 354.  I'm surprised a tech would have changed out the handset with a G3 instead of replacing the entire phone.  Maybe the customer didn't want a new phone, and maybe Ma Bell wasn't covering repair techs on compatibility anymore by 1970, as F handsets still in use were relatively few and far between, and 300 series components were likely on Ma's hit list should they have been found out there.  Otherwise one would think he would have known there'd be a sidetone issue with the T1/U1 combination.
Ralph