News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

95-type Apparatus Blanks for the WE 500-series

Started by paul-f, April 20, 2010, 05:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul-f

While following up on a recent discussion regarding the 95A, 95B and 95C blanks in a different topic, I uploaded some brief descriptions and Russ' photos for future reference.
(Thanks again, Russ!)

http://www.paul-f.com/500blanks.html

Enjoy.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

LarryInMichigan

Here is a picture of the back of a 95C dial blank which came with a phone I bought recently.  The front looks like the picture on the web page, but the back does not have any posts sticking out of it.

Larry

paul-f

The cost reducing continued.  Got to get every .001 cent out of each part!

What are the dates on the set and does it appear to have been refurbed or not?

LarryInMichigan

The blank came from a rusty 500 with a network dated 4-59, but the date on the bottom of the base was covered over with black paint.  There are no visible refurb dates.

Larry

LarryInMichigan

I just took another close look at the phone, and there are obvious screw marks on the dial posts, so the phone apparently did have a dial at one time.  The blank could have been added at any time.

Also, for what it's worth, the card retaining ring which was in the blank center is plastic.

Larry

paul-f

Thanks, Larry.

The black paint indicates at least one pass through the refurb shop.  We won't know for sure, but capturing the dates on the other components might suggest some possible refurb dates.  (plastics, ringer, handset elements...)

Perhaps others with the later 95C blank will add dates from their phones.

LarryInMichigan

Paul,

This phone was a real mess (as you can see in the ebay listing picture).  It came in a lot of four phones which I bought a few months ago on ebay.  The shell of the phone is Tenite and dated 1963.  The handset plastic is from 1974.  The ringer has the same 4-59 date as the network.

Larry