Main Menu

Telephone abuse

Started by Jim Stettler, May 20, 2010, 10:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Stettler

CAUTION:
VERY GRAPHIC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q4BXiy1O4M

Don't ever try this, not at home or elsewhere.

Jim

BTW: I need a 09/13/61 birthday phone
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

McHeath

Well the phone is actually a 1978 model, not a 61', don't know how they got the date so wrong.  Seems that it lived it's life in the New York area as well, from the sticker on the bottom. 

Interesting how long it rang while being microwaved, one durable phone.

Of course it's pretty sad to melt it like that, sad. 

BDM

I've never seen any point in crap like this. These people must be very bored with life. Hmmm lets see, I'm bored........Oh I know, lets microwave anything and everything. I wonder what will happen?
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

GusHerb

OMG that makes me wanna literally vomit! just imagining the smell... Wow I couldn't even make it through the entire video (was typing as the video was going) that's just absolutely sickening >:( :'(
The only other time I've seen a melted Bell telephone was at the Iowa Firefighters Memorial off of I80, they had one in a display case from a house that had burned, it was a sad sight there too. It pretty much looked like the one in that microwave but it didn't actually catch on fire, just melted. :'(
Jonathan

baldopeacock

When I was a kid, probably 7 or so, the neighbors across the street had a pretty bad fire,  gutted part of the house and everything else had either gotten very hot or had significant smoke/water damage.

Mention of the melted phone at the Iowa firefighter museum reminded me -- the neighbors had what I now know is a 302 in the living room, the plastic case was pretty much drooped all over from the heat.   I can't recall how the Bakelite handset held up.    The melted droopy case made an impression on me, though.

Phonesrfun

They have a melted 500 in the Seattle Telecommunications Museum that went through a house fire.
-Bill G

Kenny C

I have a SC 500 that has a melted corner it looks like someone burnt it with a cigarette lighter
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

GusHerb

You know just thinking about it now, the Bell phones have there covers melt but mainly still recognizable, a modern cordless phone would probably have melted into a pile of goo or just caught itself on fire from the heat.
Jonathan