"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

LUCY PICS on the Telephone!!!

Started by Kenny C, March 09, 2011, 04:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

Quote from: Dan on October 22, 2011, 02:53:49 PM
I wish I could trade something for Mr Gordon's oxford grey 500!

I'll bet that Mediterranean Blue 500/U would make a nice trade.

jsowers

I looked at a couple episodes of The Lucy Show on DVD this afternoon and Mr. Mooney had a moss green keyset. I don't think it was dark gray. Sorry to burst your bubble, but the picture quality on some of those shows isn't very good and neither is that picture I posted.

Lucy also had a moss green keyset in one episode. She and Mr. Mooney were in the same office. In another episode, the one with Paul Winchell, she has an ivory keyset and the speaker and mike/control unit of a moss green speakerphone. I'll try to post some screen shots next week.

The Lucy Show ran from 1962 to 68, and started filming in color in 1963. Dark gray was discontinued in 1957. So chances are it wasn't dark gray.
Jonathan

AE_Collector

Wow is DAN going to be ticked. He shipped his dark blue 500U trade off this afternoon.

Terry

jsowers

As promised, here are some more pics of Lucy on the phone, from The Lucy Show. The first is Lucy using parts of a moss green speakerphone as an intercom. She talked to the receptionist on it. The wires don't go to the ivory phone she has on her desk. So this was a mistake, I'm thinking. In another episode, I saw these same items behind Mr. Mooney's desk on a shelf. I couldn't see a phone next to them.

The next shot shows Lucy on her ivory office phone with those two speakerphone parts on her desk. This is the same episode as the first picture.

Next we see Lucy on a moss green keyset and no speakerphone. This is a different episode and a little better for color reproduction.

Next is the picture of Mr. Mooney's keyset. It looks moss green to me. He's holding a mike to a tape recorder in his right hand.

Next is Lucy's home phone in The Lucy Show, which looks like an ivory 500 set with a long cord. This is from the episode where she buys all these cases of Bailey's beans and gets double her money back, trying to raise money for new furniture.

Jonathan