News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What would you pay for a Pink AE 80?

Started by Greg G., January 02, 2012, 12:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

The gf and I went to a nearby town that has several blocks of antique stores.  At one of them, I asked about rotary phones after browsing a while and not seeing any.  They had a pink AE 80 way up on top of a display case, hard to spot and awkward to get at.

I'm looking for other opinions on what you would be willing to pay for it.  It was made in 71, solid case, shiny, few scratches, pink cord with a older style modular plug, but the phone was badly faded.  They were asking $68 for it, which I thought was too much for a 70s era phone that was noticeably faded.  As much as I wanted it, I passed.  I didn't make a counter offer because I doubted they would go for $25-$30 I would be willing to pay.  GF said I should have anyway.  I still could because the phone was in a spot that made it hard to see and get at as I said earlier, so it will probably be there a while.  (On a side note, maybe I'll let the gf do the dickering for me from now on.)
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

LarryInMichigan

I don't think that it's worth that much.  I prefer the early models with the handset cord coming out the rear, chrome card retainer ring, five hole receiver cap, etc.. 

Larry

AE_Collector

Too much fir me as well. 25 to 35 if in reasonably nice shape.

Terry