News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Proud new owner.

Started by Greg G., January 04, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

Finally got the 202 w/302 base as subset put together for Anita (aka "the gf").  Had to add a ringer to the subset (didn't realize it was minus the ringer when I bought it online), changed the dial and replaced the frayed handset cord.  This was done with no knowledge of electronics, a little help from my friends and armed with only a couple of screwdrivers, I love this hobby!  

It works great, and I really like the 302 bases as subsets, so does Anita because she can easily relocate it to a different spot if she needs to.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

LarryInMichigan

Very Nice :)  I hope that she enjoys it.  Tell her that the handset will be more comfortable to hold if she removes the bow :D

Larry

Greg G.

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on January 04, 2012, 02:36:43 PM
Very Nice :)  I hope that she enjoys it.  Tell her that the handset will be more comfortable to hold if she removes the bow :D

Larry

She's one step ahead of you.   :D She wanted to remove it, but I told her to leave it on for the photo op.  She also wanted to turn the dial facing her, like she would normally would if making a call, but I had her turn it facing the camera for the same reason.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

liteamorn

Great job on a great phone!! I have mine set up on my cluttered desk in my bedroom . I love the fact that we are talking on phones made in the 1930's. Did you get the ringer quiet enough for her? I think she will love the sound of the ringer just as it is if she gives it a little time :).

I'm torn with mine, it looks great in my nautical living room but I have no jacks in there and I love talking on it. I carry it around a lot :)

Doug Rose

Outstanding!! You could not have done better.....

the phone is nice as well ;D

Doug
Kidphone

Greg G.

Quote from: liteamorn on January 04, 2012, 04:15:54 PM
Did you get the ringer quiet enough for her? I think she will love the sound of the ringer just as it is if she gives it a little time :).

Sort of, it's not plugged in. :)  I need to put in a two-way splitter so she can still use her answering machine.
- Mike Row
e

Sargeguy

Is that the one I sold you?  If so, I 'm glad to see its not sitting on a shelf forgotten and unappreciated anymore!
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

McHeath

Greg G.

Quote from: Sargeguy on January 07, 2012, 09:45:51 PM
Is that the one I sold you?  If so, I 'm glad to see its not sitting on a shelf forgotten and unappreciated anymore!

Yes it is, thanks again!
- Mike Row
e

deedubya3800

Quote from: Brinybay on January 05, 2012, 12:25:13 AM
Quote from: liteamorn on January 04, 2012, 04:15:54 PM
Did you get the ringer quiet enough for her? I think she will love the sound of the ringer just as it is if she gives it a little time :).

Sort of, it's not plugged in. :)  I need to put in a two-way splitter so she can still use her answering machine.

Nice! :) I had to do the same thing. I still have (and use) a little single-microcassette answering machine I bought back in the '90s on the same extension with my D1.