News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

302 decision

Started by Dan, February 13, 2009, 07:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

A local antique mall has a 302 WE black  plastic phone with a cloth  wall cord, a straight black cord, and a 4H dial that turns great and clicks like 4h's are known for. It has one cracked ear off :'(. Is this worth $18.50 (their asking price?)
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dennis Markham

The #4 dial is worth $50 at least.  That's a good deal, in my opinion.  I'll give you $19 for it!

BDM

--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

benhutcherson

I'd grab it in a minute.

I buy any 302 I see locally for $30 or less, regardless of condition-that's less than what you typically pay on Ebay, shipping considered.

Bill Cahill

Don't pay attention to these two cheapskatees!
I'll give you 21.00!!!!!   ;D
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Sargeguy

No.  Now where exactly is this mall located?
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Shovelhead

22 bucks, postpaid..., naw, I'll pay postage for it, you drive a hard bargain.

Dan/Panther

$25.00, I'll pay flat reate Priority shipping.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dan

Thanks guys, I guess I'll head back to the mall tomorrow.

I didn't realize the 4h dial was that  big of a difference. I have two (metal and plastic ) 302's with 5H dials, so the wifey MUST understand this is a HUGE difference. Well she has 73 Longaberger baskets, so what's another phone anyway.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

bingster

Exactly.  Just explain to the missus that you have seventy more 302s to collect before she can complain. 

Let us know what hospital you're in so we can send you a card. ;D
= DARRIN =

McHeath

Don't bother with that 302, it's junk.

What was the phone number of that store? 
;)

Bill Cahill

Forget the phone no. What's the e mail address?
I think I should offer to take that piece of junk off their hands.....  ;D
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

HobieSport

Quote from: bingster
Exactly.  Just explain to the missus that you have seventy more 302s to collect before she can complain. 

Let us know what hospital you're in so we can send you a card. ;D

I have about 20 AE40s.  Does that count?

Steve

20?!  how long have you been collecting them Matt? those are nice phones, any chance of showing us a group photo?
If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

HobieSport

Yes Steve I will gladly show a group photo of all my herd of AE40s but right now I am rather busy fighting to save a family home from foreclosure.  As soon as I get that done I will gladly post pictures of my desk with veritable bevies of telephones.
Sorry if I sound a little bit defensive.

Meanwhile the neat thing is that some of the AE40 dials are black metal and some are chrome in various degrees.  I've looked inside them and they don't seem that bad in terms of wiring.  In fact they are are rather clean.