"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

High resolution dial plate scans for WE dial plates

Started by benhutcherson, April 04, 2009, 08:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benhutcherson

Hello folks,
Given the interest expressed here lately in DIY dial overlays, I figured that I'd make some high resolution scans of some of my better original plates.

The ones at the link are 1 mb in size-I can provide even better files if you would prefer. Just e-mail me and I'd be happy to send them on.

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee204/ben10ben/ruraldialplate.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee204/ben10ben/urbandialplate.jpg

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

AET

Dial cards would also be greatly appreciated!  I'd like to put something a bit more interesting, perhaps alphanumeric in mine, versus the good ol "Area Code" ones that just leave me a bit cold.
- Tom

bingster

Have you seen the Number Card Archive?

www.numbercardarchive.com

Ben those are beautiful scans.  A pale tan color can even be applied to these to replicate the look of an aged celluloid plate.  Do you have an early '30s alphanumeric with the square-ish letters that you could scan?

= DARRIN =

AET

Yup, I've seen the archive, but they aren't in a proper size and I didnt know if anybody had them in a proper size, because I simply don't have the technology and/or patience to try to resize them. 
- Tom

Dan/Panther

Quote from: bingster on April 05, 2009, 03:14:01 AM
Have you seen the Number Card Archive?

www.numbercardarchive.com

Ben those are beautiful scans.  A pale tan color can even be applied to these to replicate the look of an aged celluloid plate.  Do you have an early '30s alphanumeric with the square-ish letters that you could scan?

Dial cards can be printed on off white cardstock to give them old appearance, or you can manipulate the color in a photo program.
D/P

Dan/Panther

Quote from: AtomicEraTom on April 05, 2009, 03:35:58 AM
Yup, I've seen the archive, but they aren't in a proper size and I didnt know if anybody had them in a proper size, because I simply don't have the technology and/or patience to try to resize them. 

Tom;
In my printer software, when It asks me for printer preference input, it will also ask me; "what size do I wanrt to print the picture." You may have to print a couple to get it right, but once you have determined the print size, add that information below or above the photo  for future reference.
D/P

Example.....sizes noted are in inches.

AET

This I know as well, but thank you very much for the advice.  I have only one shot at these since it's my dad's printer and he doesn't want me using up all his ink and paper.  Otherwise I definately would not waste everyone's time with this.  I just didn't know if anybody had an exact size scan, if nobody does, I'm crafty and can figure something out.  Thanks guys.
- Tom

Dan/Panther

Tom;
WEhy not just let us know what face you want, and maybe someone can post, I can print it and send it to you.
D/P

AET

Thanks so much D/P!  I think that my favorite would have to be the old black with white lettering "wait for dial tone" if i had to pick one!  A scan that's the actual size would be all I need because I could copy/paste it and make one sheet of them, and my dad would not fuss so much.
- Tom

bingster

These are 300DPI set at 1.5" in Photoshop.
= DARRIN =

Dan/Panther

Being that Sargeguy is trying to get his items going, I think dialcard offers should be withdrawn. If some needs a dialface, let me know.
D/P

AET

That ain't bing's fault.  I didn't even think of Sarge trying to get his business going when I asked this.  It was rude of me and my fault.  I will definately be buying from Sarge though, as I'm going to be buying many more phones, and start buying for re-sale and want original style dial cards for those.  But don't blame Bing, he was just helping me out.  My fault, my bad, sorry!
- Tom

bingster

You didn't do anything wrong--he wasn't blaming me for anything.  These dial cards are freely available on the internet, so re-posting them isn't stepping on anybody's toes. I got 'em from the number card archive, and constrained them to 1.5 inches.  No biggie.

Quote from: Dan/Panther on April 05, 2009, 01:35:20 PM
Quote from: bingster on April 05, 2009, 03:14:01 AMBen those are beautiful scans.  A pale tan color can even be applied to these to replicate the look of an aged celluloid plate.  Do you have an early '30s alphanumeric with the square-ish letters that you could scan?
Dial cards can be printed on off white cardstock to give them old appearance, or you can manipulate the color in a photo program.
Dan, I was talking about the number plate, rather than the dial card.  The celluloid type has aged to a very mellow color, and I think that could be easily replicated when printing these repro dial plates.  The square lettering I was talking about appears on dial plates of the 1920s and '30s.  At some point in the 1930s, they changed the typeface for the dial plates to a rounder face.
= DARRIN =

AET

Okay, I just don't wanna cause hard feelings between nobody here.  I kinda look at us as a sorta family.
- Tom