News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Darth Vader Speaker Phone

Started by TelePlay, May 15, 2013, 07:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

So, does everything that comes out of the speaker always sounds like a breathy James Earl Jones?  ::)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251275949708

BTW, did I select the right smiley for being silly? Or is it  ;D

AMCer

That is so much WIN that I can't stand it.

MagicMo

The force is strong with this one.
Practice Kindness :)

Dan/Panther

OK, so call me Chewbacca, what besides the obvious, does 'WIN' mean ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dan/Panther

I read the description.
How absolutely sad, that the owner has to sell of a lifetime collection, to pay Her Assisted Living expenses, just to wait to die.
Makes me wish I had enough money to pay her expenses so she could keep her collection. Then at least she wouldn't have to see it go the way it's going. I think that would hasten my demise to see my collections sold to pay medical, and living expenses.
D/P

HarrySmith

Yeah Dan, I agree on both of your last posts, whats WIN?
It is very sad to see that but I wonder if it is true? Maybe just a ploy to tug at the heartstrings and get you to buy something!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AMCer

WIN = winning.  Opposite of LOSE.

When you find a 1930's payphone in near perfect condition at a yardsale with a 25cent tag on it, that's win.

HarrySmith

OK, Now I got it ;D

Just like Charlie Sheen ::)
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dan/Panther

I contacted the lister of the phone, to try to get more info on the poor individual having to sell Her stuff.
This is the reply I received...

"Thank you for your attention, we are sorry to make a mistake, this is belong to our another friend, he moves to CO, we try to help him selling his stuff. But we do also help our old friend to sell her stuff to pay her bill."

Please notice the way the wording is. Is this the new low people take to try to increase bids ?

BTW, AMCer, the Darth Phone is 1983, it's a speaker phone, not a pay phone., maybe the link to the auction is not connecting correctly for you ?
D/P

HarrySmith

AHA!!
Just as I surmised, another lowlife on ebay >:(
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AMCer

Dan- The auction linked correctly for me.  I have found that some (older?) people on here do not appreciate Star Wars as much as others so I used an example that I thought would be the clearest to this crowd.

I'm thinking that a 30's pay phone on these forums is pretty much the apex of greatness.

That being said....  Let me know if you run across a 1930's Darth Vader pay phone!  I wanna bid on that! :)

Dan/Panther

AMC'er;
I'm trying to be politically correct here and not cause any negative issue. BUT the phone listed is a 1983 Star Wars Darth Vader telephone, it's not a 1930 payphone, Star Wars was not even made until 1977. Maybe you have this confused with another thread or auction, or maybe you are just trying to participate, or make a joke? When you find that phone let me know.
D/P