News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1956 Red WE 500

Started by Don_18, May 17, 2023, 12:08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don_18

Just picked up this 1956 WE 500 off Facebook Marketplace.  It appears to be all original with the exception of the transmitter and the line cord. Everything is operational, just need to clean and lube the dial.
It was pretty clean to start with, but I gave it a quick wipe down and hand polish for the pictures.  Still has some paint specs and dings on it that need to be addressed.
I am very pleased with its condition ;D

Doug Rose

very nice Don....Doug
Kidphone

RDPipes

Very nice sir, If I was to own a 500 series it have to be RED.

AL_as_needed

Are we all still doing find of the month?

Very nice find Don. An attractive color with an open center dial too. How much did that set you back? I may have to get in on this facebook marketplace business  :D
TWinbrook7

TelePlay

Quote from: AL_as_needed on May 17, 2023, 07:21:57 AMAre we all still doing find of the month?

No.

Member interest in posting finds and voting for then waned significantly during 2022.

The last monthly contest was December 2022.

A Find of the Finds contest was completed in January 2023 which closed out that board.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=27051.0

AL_as_needed

Well thats too bad, clearly my 2019-2023 w hiatus must have been the cause  ;)
TWinbrook7

MMikeJBenN27

Looks great!  Better than my red one!

Mike

Don_18

Thanks! I jumped on it as soon as I saw it.

The guy has a good add showing just about everything. I paid $75 plus shipping.

I knew what it was and thought it was a decent price, but when it arrived I was blown away.

The phone was used in the sellers great uncles repair shop until 2018 and I was the third owner.

AL_as_needed

Quote from: Don_18 on May 17, 2023, 12:22:48 PMThe phone was used in the sellers great uncles repair shop until 2018 and I was the third owner.

I love when a phone, or any other collected item, comes with its own know  history. Especially with these phones; we can only guess the joyful or heartbreaking moments they were part of. A very physical link to people across the decades.
TWinbrook7

Contempra

I have one and love it , but i constantly hear some chips in the handset :(I cleaned all contacts) ,but alway... chips..

Is there something I did wrong ?

JorgeAmely

Congrats sir. It is a very pretty phone, especially in red.
Jorge

Stormcrash

That phone is in amazing condition! Excellent find and great price for such a good looking mid 50s soft plastic set!

david@london

A great condition phone ...congrats Don.

Interesting marking on the base... stamped #5.

I've never seen that before, does anyone know what it signifies?

Pourme

~

That is one of those feel good finds! Let's us all know they are still out there waiting to be found!
Congrats!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service