News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

2016 70 Mile Coastal Yard Sale!

Started by DavePEI, September 18, 2016, 09:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavePEI

Yesterday, as has been my habit for many years, I have tried to go to a number of the 70 mile Coastal Yard sales around the Eastern end of PEI on the third weekend of September.

This year, I wasn't feeling well, so only went to three of the 100 or more sales on the route, and came home with no telephone treasures, but did come home with some interesting items.

For years, the mainstay of my Ham Radio hobby has been a Kenwood TS-140S. It was basically the bottom of the line - a stripped down basic transceiver.

At the same time, they sold a model called the TS-440S, and a couple of years later came out with the TS-450S. I bought a TS-450S in beautiful condition at a very good price and now have it on my desk.

The 450S is capable of continuous duty operation from 1.8 - 30 mhz. in all modes, including FSK (teletype).

Here is a photo with it on the left, the 140s on the right, an MFJ Versa-Tuner II above the TS-450S, and a 300 watt MFJ dummy load above the 140S.

I mention this here, as a lot of our members also hold Ham Radio licenses. The radio performs beautifully, and has a very good reputation.

I also picked up an articulated lamp for the Museum office which will allow me to place a lamp directly over items i am working on at the bench there, but then to swing it back out of the way when not required.
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001