News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Bought 2 Erickson "Hotel telephones"and 2 Cobras at a local flea market

Started by dsk, September 18, 2016, 03:22:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

Not many phones at our flea markets, yesterdays find was 2 Erickson "Hotel telephones" and 2 Cobras.
One wit Danish dial, missing the rubber ring, and one with Norwegian dial but weak receiver. After some struggling, I have managed to change that receiver.  Both has the normal signs of tear and wear.  (both has buzzers)

Cost? The hotel telephones NOK 100 each, the cobras NOK 500  that is about $84 as a total.

dsk

Matilo Telephones

Nice finds, especially the hotel phones in their original boxes. These kinds of phones were often used in apartment buildings here in the Netherlands, in combination with a doorbell system.

How did you change that receiver on your Ericofon?
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

TelePlay

dsk

dsk

Quote from: Matilo Telephones on September 18, 2016, 05:59:10 AM
Nice finds, especially the hotel phones in their original boxes. These kinds of phones were often used in apartment buildings here in the Netherlands, in combination with a doorbell system.

Yes we had someting looking like that as door telephones here too, but these are CB telephones. extremely simple. Transmitter and receiver in series (2 wire spiral cord) and a hook-sw witch changes between buzzer + capacitor, or handset.

Correction to the diagram: buzzer 3100 ohms (equal to those used in the Cobra)

dsk

Matilo Telephones

Quote from: dsk on September 18, 2016, 12:34:22 PM
Excactly, and it turned out reasonably good.

dsk
Thanks guys. I have read about that method but have not yet put it into practice myself. I was wondering if another method was used.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

dsk

North American and European Cobras has different induction coils, so the receivers may be different to. ???
dsk