News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

North Electric Economy Special

Started by wds, December 13, 2012, 07:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

This appears to be the North economy special.  There have been a couple posts about this type of phone, and I saw this one on Ebay so I thought I would point it out.   Looks to be in good shape, and the price is right.  

http://tinyurl.com/cfcfc5m

Link to Paul F's web site for info about this phone.

http://www.paul-f.com/north.htm
Dave

rdelius

This is a fake north .Badly molded from cheap plastics Housings from Telephone Engineering. sometimes 302 baseplates and whatever handsets were handy. Dial from AE type 80-E

LarryInMichigan

I bought this one: ebay link last week.  I am still waiting for the seller to ship it.  The shell is approximately worthless, but the base and the dial are worth several dollars each, and what's on top is worth the most.  If anyone is interested in the cracked shell, let me know.

Larry

wds

I watched that auction for awhile - and didn't even notice that the shell was also the Economy Special.  No vents in the back.  I was also hoping to grab that handset for cheap........
Dave

LarryInMichigan

My fake North finally arrived 16 days after I paid for it in a box barely large enough to contain it.  The base is a rusty 302 base dated 5-37, but there are no dates on the ringer or inductor coil.  One of the gongs is missing, and the screw that would have held it is broken off in the hole.  The original feet were replaced with round plastic feet.  The AE dial looks like it from 1963.  It is corroded, dirty, and barely turns, but it should be salvageable.  The handset cord is the type that was intended as a replacement for a WE 500 G handset.  It is probably also salvageable.  The hard plastic shell has a big crack in the rear, but with a bit of effort, it can probably be glued together.  If anyone wants it, send me a message.

The most important part, The NE NU handset, is actually in pretty good condition.  I expect that it will look reasonably nice once it has been cleaned and polished.  One of my NE Uniphones will be happy to get it.

Altogether, I probably didn't do terribly for a total of $46.

Larry