News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

eBay Seller phonesfromthepast (Feedback score 239)

Started by Doug Rose, February 06, 2016, 12:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Anyone bought from this seller. Prices are rather steep and you only get one tiny picture to judge the phone. Just Curious....Doug

http://tinyurl.com/jaacufl
Kidphone

WEBellSystemChristian

Judging by the signature poor photoshop cropping, frankenphones for sale, and Galesville origin, I'd say it's Phoneco's ebay page.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Payphone installer

It is a phonco listing that is Ron and Marys daughter.

TelePlay

Quote from: Payphone installer on February 06, 2016, 12:18:05 PM
It is a phonco listing that is Ron and Marys daughter.

Didn't know that but have noticed the eBay listings prior to this and Galesville always rang phonecoinc to me.

This eBay seller has quite a few phones currently available on eBay. Always thought this was related in some way to phonecoinc.

Jim Stettler

You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

rdelius

Warning about the telephone pictured. The dial mount is not an origional or even a good copy of an origional.Might be a wooden block

Doug Rose

Phoneco used to buy with HFRED and still sells with thisundthat5hnq (5470 ).  I am surprised at the small picture with the high price unless as Robbie is saying the phones are Phoneco phones made with what's on hand. Frankenphones can't be spotted as easily with tiny little pictures. Sad. ...Doug
Kidphone

TelePlay

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on February 06, 2016, 12:06:12 PM
Judging by the signature poor photoshop cropping, frankenphones for sale, and Galesville origin, I'd say it's Phoneco's ebay page.

I'd even say the single eBay listings, all of them, use only screen captures of phones listed for sale on the Phonecoinc site. This is but one example, the first one I found, showing the images are what seems to be the same.

People who don't know phones may be happy with what they buy but for collectors, they are caveat emptor deals.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-50s-NORTHERN-ELECTRIC-PAYPHONE-YES-IT-RINGS-pay5c-chrome-w-q-/181715379243?

Doug Rose

Phoneco has never been the collectors friend. Replacing vintage dials in phones and replacing them with "upgraded dials" that were plastic. PLASTIC! UPGRADED? Then selling the vintage dial at a high prices. I was once a novice collector who got burned numerous times. long before the ATCA or eBay. I still feel the anger towards her.....Doug
Kidphone

WEBellSystemChristian

I think they've been using the same pictures of phones for years, at least since the last time their website was updated...

They build the same phones with the same parts, and only need to use one crappy little picture. I'd assume they have been building the same phones for a decade, and the pictures haven't needed an update.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford