News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Cool Japanese telephone in Ebay.

Started by LM Ericsson, September 06, 2012, 07:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LM Ericsson

I saw this cool Japanese telephone on Ebay today. Ive seen these before. Were these telephones manufactured for Archer or actually telephones for users in Japan? What do you guys think??

And pics for future reference...

And a link... http://tinyurl.com/929quol   ( dead link 01-12-22 )
Regards,
-Grayson

AE_Collector

I have no idea, never seen one before. Looks like 1970's "decorator" type phone so could have been an import by someone like Radio Shack. Someone here must know.....

Terry

rdelius

Archer= Radio Shack.Radio Shack imported many telephones in the 70s before it was legal to connect them. Supplied with 4 prong plugs but not connected. Most of the imported sets were Dutch or British. Some Japanese or sets from refurbishers such as Simpson Engineering. I suspest the set was a domestic set because no alphabet on the dial and japanese markings on the bottom

poplar1

Radio Shack also sold refurbished phones from Bohnsack Equipment Co. in Germantown, NY (the orange sticker on the bottom and the paint job that comes off on your hands) and from Hallmark House in Springfield, Mass. (WE 302s, AE 40s, SC 1243s mostly.) BECO also converted a lot of multi-line 464s to single line using dummy plugs where the keys used to be.)
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.