News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What Telephone Do you think has the Most Deco Flair??

Started by Doug Rose, July 27, 2013, 08:37:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE40FAN

tptech302

Here is a pic of the inside of my AE 47. Yes it is in great shape, appears to be all original also. Pics are as taken out of box. I can't remember if it was an ebay or other online find, but doubt I paid more than $50 for it as that is usually my limit. It is setup when neither A1 or A2 is selected to be on Line 3, I'm guessing intercom since the card isn't labeled. Ringer is on A1 (Line 1)

Josh

AE_Collector

A third line (or intercom) can go on line 3 which is the little button up by the cradle. It can also be set up as an exclusion key or a push button for a buzzer circuit.

Terry

tptech302

I was assuming the 3rd line would have been an intercom since no number was labeled... may not have been used as anything. Can anyone tell me how to date this? I have several AE phones and have never been able to figure out how to date these.

Thanks Josh

rdelius

The type 47 sets were introduced late 1940s.were made long enough for some to have plastic wiring inside

tptech302

No plastic wiring in this one! I have been trying to find the communications I had with the seller, it was several years ago, I know there was 3 or 4 for sale, but I could only afford one of them.